NHS Crisis Teams? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Ok I've tried to keep this vague to avoid potential triggers- mods feel free to edit further if it's not vague enough to post as is. Sorry it's so long...

I've had a serious decline in mental health recently. Yesterday I had a GP appointment where they decided I was a serious risk to myself and said I could either go to a&e by agreement or be sectioned and taken forcibly- fair to say I went by choice in my car rather than an ambulance. I stayed in an observation ward for a few hours waiting for a crisis team assessment however it got to 11pm and they were still going to be a while.

Lond story short through some smiling etc. I persuaded the a&e people to let me leave without an assessment from the mental health team.

I'm back home now and alone and i'm getting to the stage where I think calling the crisis team number I've been given may be a good idea as I didn't get any help yesterday and things are still bad. I'm just scared about what will happen if I do call it etc. but I could probably use the extra support.

I guess I could really just use people giving me their experiences or any advice please... thanks in advance
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'd phone them. I've been under them a few times, and some of the people who work in the team I've been under are the most caring people I've ever met. Some are morons though, but don't let that sway you. If you need the support, then you need the support. Being sectioned is not fun!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (111)
17.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.73%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.35%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.94%
How can I be the best version of myself? (190)
29.97%

Watched Threads