What do you regret about GCSEs ? Watch

lewis.h
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
In terms of subjects, what you did or didn’t do which you regret etc ?
DoNotMove
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I regret not taking Statistics GCSE, because I'm good at maths, so it would've just been another one on the list, with very little revision or studying required. But there's not much point taking it now. Ah well. I'm already gonna take 10.5 GCSEs so it's all chill.
SoftGingerCat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Never getting a single A. I probably should have focused on my grades more than my boyfriend's, not making that mistake ever again.
esrever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
should've additionally taken accounting and economics along with history and a couple languages
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by esrever; 3 months ago
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Being one mark of a* in business studies. On the coursework I could have just another another sentence to an explanation and got an a* overall :indiff:
MinaBee
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Giving up during my last few exams due to burnout

Taking geography

Getting too stressed about them and putting way too much pressure on myself

Misreading the last English lang question and writing an article instead of a letter oops

Believing that if I got a bad grade I was pretty much done for
dddd1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
regret choosing Engineering, although it was a BTec course and not choosing PE as one of the options
-Eirlys-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lewis.h)
Not revising and not showing up for my second Maths exam, though I was in a lot of pain, but I know I could've pushed through it and completed it. I redid my Maths GCSE in college though, but it was capped to a C. :\
salimyasin10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
im regretting the fact that im still doing it
fish finger fan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Regret not starting my revision early enough, and I kind of regret taking triple science.

Certainly don't regret taking history and geography.
username4368582
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
dropping history for rs
not revising latin :///////////
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Honestly, none of them. I think I made the best of my options, even if that meant picking some subjects I might not have otherwise been interested in (primarily History). Considering the choices I made have had absolutely zero impact on my life in the last ~decade, I'm not at all fussed or concerned about what I would have done if I could take my options again.

If anything, the only thing I'd change is being born maybe 5-10 years later, so that Computer Science as GCSE would be available to me rather than DiDA.
scienceyyy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I regret taking history. I took it because we were told it’s a good subject to take even though I wasn’t good at it. I ended up sleeping in lessons and getting low grades for most of it.

I was better at geography but I didn’t take it because I didn’t like the teacher but then the teacher left soon after. But I feel like I still wouldn’t take it since the state of geography students in my school, on the day of their exams was pretty bad.

I also took Art just for the fun of it. I kinda regret it because I didn’t do well in it and it took up a lot of my time but then I also made lots of friends in those lessons, without whom my life would be different. It was the subject I spent most time on but got the lowest grade on.

Not putting in my best effort in all of my exams because I was lazy. If I had tried harder I could have got better grades. I’m happy with the grades I have but sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I had actually tried.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
blacksheep8
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I regret Spanish GCSE! I used to think I regretted taking it, but I actually regret not concentrating on the subject and learning a new language. Learning the grammar and stuff would be helpful to know for future reference, like how to go about understanding and learning that stuff in other languages I'd like to learn. Genuinely wish I'd learned Spanish!

Also sometimes wonder what music and drama might have been like for GCSE. And media! So upset that I never had the option to take media as I think I might have enjoyed it.
Last edited by blacksheep8; 3 months ago
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Taking French. Got a B, but it was a waste of time since I couldn't understand a word of it even a month after exams. Would've got a C if it weren't for the usual fudging of coursework grades.

Otherwise I regret starting too early (over the summer and first two terms of y11) and then lacking motivation to revise when it really counted.
pHseven
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I regret putting so much effort in that it made me unhappy for an entire year for it not to even be that relevant when I went into sixth-form
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No real regrets for GCSE, just wish I had a better work ethic which would of passed onto my A-levels which did matter.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lewis.h)
i regret combined science i got mocked for the next few days
Switch01
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Being 1 mark off a 9 in chem, 2 marks off a 9 in phys, and 4 marks off a 9 in math, especially when i know i didnt do enough revision for paper 2 sciences (i basically went in after skimming through the rev guide)
seeing my tests and the silly mistakes i made which made me lose my 9 ( i did 10x2 = 22 in chem and lost a mark) made me really sad
Basically, i just wish i put in A LITTLE more work
sqrt of 5
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
choosing computer science instead of latin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (254)
32.27%
The paper was reasonable (384)
48.79%
Not feeling great about that exam... (89)
11.31%
It was TERRIBLE (60)
7.62%

Watched Threads