Computer Science at University of Northampton Watch

SteveyCook
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I am thinking of firming Computer Science at Northampton, I also plan on doing a masters course at the end.
Northampton not being a prestigious university within my course, however if i do come out with a 1st or 2:1 including my masters. Will it still be difficult to get a good graduate job in the computer science sector.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by SteveyCook)
I am thinking of firming Computer Science at Northampton, I also plan on doing a masters course at the end.
Northampton not being a prestigious university within my course, however if i do come out with a 1st or 2:1 including my masters. Will it still be difficult to get a good graduate job in the computer science sector.
Think I remember commenting on one of your previous posts and you were predicted really high grades? How come Northampton? Did you apply anywhere else?
SteveyCook
Rep:
?
(Original post by yt7777)
Think I remember commenting on one of your previous posts and you were predicted really high grades? How come Northampton? Did you apply anywhere else?
I got
Leicester Kent and Nottingham
but it’s really between Leicester and Northampton
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I got
Leicester Kent and Nottingham
but it’s really between Leicester and Northampton
How come? Nottingham is excellent for Comp Sci, by far the best of those options. I would say followed by Kent and Leicester.
SteveyCook
Rep:
?
How come? Nottingham is excellent for Comp Sci, by far the best of those options. I would say followed by Kent and Leicester.
It’s really because my mates are going Northampton and like I ain’t got no one else to go with to the other unis. But if i exclude that it’s actually between Leicester and Kent as Nottingham asking for an A A A
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It’s really because my mates are going Northampton and like I ain’t got no one else to go with to the other unis. But if i exclude that it’s actually between Leicester and Kent as Nottingham asking for an A A A
Being honest, that's a really terrible reason to choose a particular university. The others are far better than Northampton and you'd likely receive a far stronger education. If you're happy with Nottingham (location, student life, halls etc.) I'd highly recommend firming it and striving for AAA to get there, if not, I'd recommend either Leicester or Kent as insurance ,again, if you're happy with things like the location, campus etc.
SteveyCook
Rep:
?
Being honest, that's a really terrible reason to choose a particular university. The others are far better than Northampton and you'd likely receive a far stronger education. If you're happy with Nottingham (location, student life, halls etc.) I'd highly recommend firming it and striving for AAA to get there, if not, I'd recommend either Leicester or Kent as insurance ,again, if you're happy with things like the location, campus etc.
Yeah, I saw the light on that Northampton out of my options now man. Just between those three. Kent or Leicester man. Not to sure about nottingham
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yeah, I saw the light on that Northampton out of my options now man. Just between those three. Kent or Leicester man. Not to sure about nottingham
Kent and Leicester are still very good. Nottingham is definitely the best choice though, I just had a brief look at the course modules and it looks solid, it's also a Russell Group uni.
SteveyCook
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Kent and Leicester are still very good. Nottingham is definitely the best choice though, I just had a brief look at the course modules and it looks solid, it's also a Russell Group uni.
Only reason why I’m not gonna pick Nottingham i need an A in one other A level as the rest I am 100% confident of receiving, due to one module being done meaning the highest i can get is a C or B.
Kent - AAC
Leicester- AAB

C and B are in the A Level not most comfortable in getting an A
StudentRep Annabel
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Hi!
If you're worried about A-level results then remember that on results day some universities will accept grades 1 or 2 below asking, although this is dependent on the number of applications for each course. If you'd like you can talk to a current Kent computer science student to see how they found A-levels, getting into Kent and what the course is like; https://www.kent.ac.uk/unibuddy/
Hope this helps a bit!
Only reason why I’m not gonna pick Nottingham i need an A in one other A level as the rest I am 100% confident of receiving, due to one module being done meaning the highest i can get is a C or B.
Kent - AAC
Leicester- AAB

C and B are in the A Level not most comfortable in getting an A
Molseh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 20 hours ago
Hey there man, dunno if you have chosen yet but I think you need to have a good think about what it is you want from University.
Picking an Institution based upon your friends going there is really not a good idea. In the UK we are lucky in that almost wherever you go, home is only a short train ride away, so you can see your friends most weekends and in holidays if you really want to. Although you will make new friends at University regardless.

Try and be a bit more confident in yourself, you are clearly capable if you are getting those grades and aspire to go to one of the higher ranked institutions. If you are worried about that one grade, that is what an insurance choice is for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads