The Student Room Group

Accepted grad scheme offer, can i now change my mind?

Hi guys

I've accepted my offer for the civil service fast stream.
However, I have now been progressed onto the AC for a finance scheme at a company (which I would prefer).

My question is, if i go to the AC and get the offer, can I decline the Civil Service offer i currently hold?

Extra info: I'm currently not employed (full-time student) and for the fast stream, I am still completing pre-employment checks.

THANK YOU!
You're not obligated to take any job, until you sign a contract (even then you can quit) you can just email them and quit. But obviously wait until you know how the AC goes.
You can easily get out of contracts or an offer. Downside is the company might hold a grudge against you for doing that. Preferably if you have two offers consider negotiating, play them off each other. It's worth a shot right?
Original post by Person12345678
You can easily get out of contracts or an offer. Downside is the company might hold a grudge against you for doing that. Preferably if you have two offers consider negotiating, play them off each other. It's worth a shot right?

Thanks for your reply!

Yes definitely. I just thought I might get into legal trouble or something for accepting a contract and then declining it...
I've had this concern in the past as I've had similar situations but had it checked out with my career tutor and a friend of mine who works in HR. Contracts and offers are there to help you. Besides they can't force you to work for them without your consent..... I swear that's called slavery! Out of interest what's the company for finance?
Original post by princess1236
Thanks for your reply!

Yes definitely. I just thought I might get into legal trouble or something for accepting a contract and then declining it...
I've had this concern in the past as I've had similar situations but had it checked out with my career tutor and a friend of mine who works in HR. Contracts and offers are there to help you. Besides they can't force you to work for them without your consent..... I swear that's called slavery! Out of interest what's the company for finance?

Telecoms company - finance scheme. (Don't want to give too much info on a public forum because HR does stalk TSR).
Civil service was kind of my second choice.

Yh as long as I have a genuine vvalid reason for declining the Civil Service offer, I should be okay i think...
Yeah I just know a lot of people talk about fast stream like its the second coming of Christ so I was just interested what you preferred, best of luck with everything
Yeah I just know a lot of people talk about fast stream like its the second coming of Christ so I was just interested what you preferred, best of luck with everything

Fast stream is great, don't get me wrong! But I want to work at a more energetic, face-paced and "tech focused" environment so yeah.

You too! Thank you for helping me out, pls let me know if I can help you in any way!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending