The Student Room Group

how to get a 7 in the maths GCSE 2019

so I'm currently studying for my GCSEs and my target is a 6+ for maths, however I'm only getting 5's and I'd like to take physics as an a level however you must get at least a 6 or above in your maths gcse to take it. I have a revision timetable set out and I do at least 2 to 3 hour long revision sessions of each topic a week, but the aqa maths contents is so dense I feel like I have little time to pull my grades up to a 6+/7. any tips or good revision websites, channels or general advice you can give me?
hi for maths I found the best way to revise was to familiarise yourself with exam paper after exam paper as learning exam technique is the best way to get better at those type of questions. you'll be able to find maths papers on sites such as maths genie as well as other topic tests for ones you struggle on.as well as this you could use the full exam paper as a baseline test to find your weakness and target revision based on those weaknesses
Reply 2
thanks I will do that. do you mind me asking but what grade did you get when you followed this technique?
Original post by ishapatelpk
hi for maths I found the best way to revise was to familiarise yourself with exam paper after exam paper as learning exam technique is the best way to get better at those type of questions. you'll be able to find maths papers on sites such as maths genie as well as other topic tests for ones you struggle on.as well as this you could use the full exam paper as a baseline test to find your weakness and target revision based on those weaknesses
I got a grade 8 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest