Grade Predictions? Watch

rosa.a
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi, just wondering what grades you thought would be possible based on my current March Progress Grades

Eng Lang- 7+ (the mock went awfully)
Eng Lit- 7 (likewise, for both I'm normally 8/9 but I struggle with exams which is a much easier obstacle to overcome than actual content (...right?) but I still want to be better. Also we haven't done any lit so far so this is my mock grade)
Maths- 7 (This was one of those mocks that I just didn't revise for because I wanted to devote more time for other subjects but I will obviously revise for May)
Bio- 6+
Chem- 7
Phys- 7
History - 7- (the grade boundaries were v arbitrary though so I take that with a pinch of salt as well)
Music- 7
RS- 6
Spanish- 9

For reference, I'm doing Eng lit, spanish and history next year and aiming for all As/A*s (well obviously I want all 9s- as does everyone- but RS and I are mortal enemies so)

also, how do you revise eng lang???? i'm so confused help

thanks
ishapatelpk
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
hi in terms of revising English language the best thing to do is print off the reading question papers and pod them all under timed conditions as well as practice creative writing, letter writing, speech writing etc. this is the best way i revised because it's skill based there wasn't any actual content to revise so putting these skills into practice is the best. good luck!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
rosa.a
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Thank you! Should I be self- marking or giving them to my teacher (or both)? Thanks (again)
(Original post by ishapatelpk)
hi in terms of revising English language the best thing to do is print off the reading question papers and pod them all under timed conditions as well as practice creative writing, letter writing, speech writing etc. this is the best way i revised because it's skill based there wasn't any actual content to revise so putting these skills into practice is the best. good luck!
niamh2805
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hiya! It's difficult to really know what you'll get as I don't know whether your school tends to overpredict, underpredict or get it right but personally I came out with 9s in most things I was predicted 7s in, as the predicted grades aren't used for anything at GCSE there's not a lot of thought put into them. I would say you're on track for really great grades and you seem very clever so work hard and I'm sure it'll all pay off for you xx
(Original post by rosa.a)
Hi, just wondering what grades you thought would be possible based on my current March Progress Grades

Eng Lang- 7+ (the mock went awfully)
Eng Lit- 7 (likewise, for both I'm normally 8/9 but I struggle with exams which is a much easier obstacle to overcome than actual content (...right?) but I still want to be better. Also we haven't done any lit so far so this is my mock grade)
Maths- 7 (This was one of those mocks that I just didn't revise for because I wanted to devote more time for other subjects but I will obviously revise for May)
Bio- 6+
Chem- 7
Phys- 7
History - 7- (the grade boundaries were v arbitrary though so I take that with a pinch of salt as well)
Music- 7
RS- 6
Spanish- 9

For reference, I'm doing Eng lit, spanish and history next year and aiming for all As/A*s (well obviously I want all 9s- as does everyone- but RS and I are mortal enemies so)

also, how do you revise eng lang???? i'm so confused help

thanks
ishapatelpk
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
when I did exam papers we marked them ourselves first and gave it to our teacher afterwards to check. marking yoirself helps you to realise any gaps and weakness you may be able to pick up on yourself before asking your teacher to check. this helped me in terms of personally being able to realise my own areas of weakness before seeking help from the teacher. hope this helps!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads