UCAS Mistake - first sent an offer, then a rejection - help? Watch

kj2907
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I received an offer from a university on Wednesday (which I was thrilled about) and have today gotten a rejection from the same university through UCAS track. Obviously now slightly panicked. Has this happened before? What can I do?
znedd1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Was the offer letter also through UCAS, or was it an email from the Uni?
SomeRandomKerbal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’d email the university and enquire what was going on. Unless you applied for 2 courses at the same university, and was accepted for one but rejected for the other?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How were you notified about the offer?
kj2907
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was only notified through UCAS track both times - I didn't get an email directly from the University, but thought it was down to processing speed? I only applied for one course, which changed from being in the offer category to the rejection one
znedd1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kj2907)
I was only notified through UCAS track both times - I didn't get an email directly from the University, but thought it was down to processing speed? I only applied for one course, which changed from being in the offer category to the rejection one
The first course of action would be to contact the University's admissions staff, explaining the situation. If they haven't contacted you, it was likely a mistake on their end. They should be able to bring some light on what has happened.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kj2907)
You need to talk to the university and ucas to ask what is going on.

A university is allowed to retract an offer if it was made by mistake - but ONLY after they talk to the applicant and explain the situation. They shouldn’t just update Track.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise