Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey guys,

I’m a final year A-Level student and received an offer from UCL earlier this year. As I’ve recently decided UCL is gonna be my first choice, I thought I’d start this thread because I haven’t seen one for 2019 specifically.

Just a few general questions:
-What accomodation is everyone considering (favourite halls etc) and why?
-What have you heard about any of the UCL halls in terms of social life, room quality etc
-Have you considered any of the intercollegiate halls too?

Personally, I’m leaning towards Connaught or John Adams. Both look great and I’ve heard great things about Connaught social life wise. Also heard that Ramsay is the most seshy, same with all of the Halls in Camden.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!!
MRA28
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Also leaning towards John Adams, or the new one Astor. I'm considering garden halls too, but the others are closer so might go for those.
gwagon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I am a third year UCL student who has stayed in halls. If would strongly recommend you choose a catered hall as this will be more convenient and most importantly - fun.
Idrissian
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have a single ensuite room at Frances Gardner House, looking to swap for any type of room at Astor College : )
alex1233456
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes same. Anyone fancy to swap with me as well? Frances Gardner is relatively cheap and there are shops around it. If anyone is in budge of accomodation. Please swap with me!! Much thanks !!! I don't mind any halls such as astor or john adams or any other halls. Thank you!
(Original post by Idrissian)
I have a single ensuite room at Frances Gardner House, looking to swap for any type of room at Astor College : )
Ruyax
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When did you guys get your offers of accommodation? I haven’t gotten anything yet and it’s really frustrating!
mbmbm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ruyax)
When did you guys get your offers of accommodation? I haven’t gotten anything yet and it’s really frustrating!
I’m also waiting for the offer and I’m getting nervous 😬
toomanydonuts
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey guys, does anyone know how likely people are to get accommodation through the waiting list?
Jayniiii
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ruyax)
The 18th of this month. Offers usually come through by early September.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hey I've got accomodation available at Therese House, looking to swap for any UCL or UoL halls?
LPendragon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone have any actual pictures of the inside of astor college?
Larissalim11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, i just received my offer for a £203/wk catered single ensuite in Lillian Penson halls near Hyde Park! I'm looking to swap for a catered single ensuite in The Garden Halls or College Hall preferably Or a hall nearer to UCL. (I am willing to pay)
Last edited by Larissalim11; 1 month ago
Elle cheung
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hii I've got a single ensuite at James Lighthill for $222 per week, its near supermarkets and King's Cross, I'm wondering if anyone that's got a hall nearer to campus (John Adams, Astor, Ramsey etc.) would be willing to swap with me?
I.dont_know
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have a catered place at international hall (15 min walk from campus)- would anyone like to swap with me for something closer to campus like Ramsay or Astor?
Larissalim11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Or any UCL hall in fact.. I would love to be closer to school! I am also willing to pay
I.dont_know
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Larissalim11)
Or any UCL hall in fact.. I would love to be closer to school! I am also willing to pay
where have you been given?
cathyyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I have a place at Ian Baker House for a single non en-suite room — would anyone be interested in swapping for a single self-catered room in The Garden Halls ?
cathyyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I’ve been offered a single non en-suite room at Ian Baker House- would anyone be interested in swapping for The Garden Halls single non en-suite room(self catered) 😊 ?
Larissalim11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by I.dont_know)
where have you been given?
I’ve been given Lillian Penson single ensuite catered
I.dont_know
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cathyyx)
Hi! I have a place at Ian Baker House for a single non en-suite room — would anyone be interested in swapping for a single self-catered room in The Garden Halls ?
(Original post by cathyyx)
Hi! I’ve been offered a single non en-suite room at Ian Baker House- would anyone be interested in swapping for The Garden Halls single non en-suite room(self catered) 😊 ?
pls check inbox
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads