Late PGCE application Watch

sammy_mfl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi, I'm planning on applying for a PGCE in French and Spanish for September 2019, but I won't be sending off my application until the end of May.
I'm currently living in Spain and working as a language assistant in a school where my contract doesn't end until the 31st May and I'm moving back to the UK a week later. I know that UCAS has a 40 day turnaround for applications and PGCE interviews are held in person, so for this reason I have to send my application off when I leave Spain, as I won't be able to attend any interviews while I'm here.
I'm just wondering if anyone has had any success in getting accepted onto PGCE courses when they applied as late as this? I know there is no deadline for applications, but seeing as places are first come first served, I'm a little worried that the places on the course I want will all be gone by the time I'm able to send off my application.
Any reassurance would be a great help!
Sceptical_John
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
It would depend on what training program and where you want to go.

MFL tends to be short of demand so in that sense you should be fine whereas primary tends to fill up much quicker.
Dalightfool
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
They are virtually crying out for MFL teacher trainees. You will be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (73)
15.87%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (47)
10.22%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (88)
19.13%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (64)
13.91%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (48)
10.43%
How can I be the best version of myself? (140)
30.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed