Changing universities 2nd year Watch

Klazza123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So this is kind of a question to anyone who has /knows anyone who has changed unis 2nd year, but of course if you think you can help plz reply.

So I’ve contacted X uni to change courses and start 2nd year. The courses at X and Y uni are very similar yet I wasn’t allowed on because it is too different. I’m not annoyed, I get it they don’t want a student who has been learning something completely different but what are my options here? I’m going to call the uni on Monday and ask if they have any courses I could get onto, I’m also going to suggest doing summer reading or taking another module in my 2ndyear to catch up. Anyone who has any ideas that could possibly help would be grateful. Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If the university has judged that the courses are not similar enough then that’s not going to change. Your options are either to restart from first year or to apply to other universities that are closer in content
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Be careful with transfers, they can backfire. Depending on subject, the number of universities accepting such a mechanism may be limited.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads