Want student account for SFE but not 18 until summer Watch

officialmay
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hello, I am struggling with applying for Student Finance England. I wanted to get a student account with a bank, however, the age I need to be is 18 to apply for that. But I'm 17, and will be turning 18 in July. And the deadline for sfe is May 31st I believe. Therefore I won't be able to get the student account until the summer holidays.

I have a 'young person's account' which is for under 18s. I was wondering if I should just put this account's details on sfe or leave it blank, so when I do get the student bank account, I can add that?

What do I do? please advise me. Thank you.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by officialmay)
Hello, I am struggling with applying for Student Finance England. I wanted to get a student account with a bank, however, the age I need to be is 18 to apply for that. But I'm 17, and will be turning 18 in July. And the deadline for sfe is May 31st I believe. Therefore I won't be able to get the student account until the summer holidays.

I have a 'young person's account' which is for under 18s. I was wondering if I should just put this account's details on sfe or leave it blank, so when I do get the student bank account, I can add that?

What do I do? please advise me. Thank you.
You can either put your account details for your current account (if you stay with the same bank then they’ll usually just make that account a student account instead of changing your account number) or you can apply for finance without giving any bank account details and just update it in the summer
officialmay
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
You can either put your account details for your current account (if you stay with the same bank then they’ll usually just make that account a student account instead of changing your account number) or you can apply for finance without giving any bank account details and just update it in the summer
Thank you! I've decided on leaving it blank then add it when I get a student account after my birthday.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads