Sickness in eating disorder recovery Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've been trying really hard to recover from my eating disorder recently. I've realised that it has taken too much from me and I'm fed up. Yet I feel like my body is like 'nah, not going to happen' - whenever I eat solid food at the moment I'm either sick or I spend hours feeling like I'm going to be sick. In the last week I've been sick almost every day and I'm falling so far behind in all my work. I missed my exams in February because I was stuck in bed and it's all starting to pile up. I'm spending more time at the GP surgery than I am in my own flat at the moment and started to vomit blood which was horrible (they said it was probably nothing to worry about which was a relief) but yeah, I feel kind of deflated and demoralised by the whole situation - the only foods I can tolerate without feeling horrendous physically after are yoghurt and grapes (I'm trying to make smoothies but I don't really like them) and I don't know what else I can do. Has anyone else had this experience in recovering from Anorexia and if so what did you do? Or if anyone else has any other suggestions then please let me know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads