In need of urgent help!! Watch

DaniCaton
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
How do I even write a personal statement? My boyfriends dad reads and accepts them at greenwhich uni, but I don’t want to ask for help. I like to be independent. What kind of things can I include to make me sounds good, when in reality I’m a bit of a mess😂🤷🏻*♀️ any suggestions?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
xAikx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Just write about why you want to study your particular subject and what really drives you to want to study it, also talk about what other hobbies and activities you enjoy and if it's relevant then link it to your subject. Just remember to not tell them what the subject is as they already know that. Keep it relevant to why you want to study the subject and how much you enjoy it.

For me I applied for maths (I applied after the deadline) and I talked about how I wanted to be able to teach in the future and spoke about how much I want to get others into the subject and it seemed to have worked.

Even though I applied after the deadline I still got all my offers the next day basically from:
Newcastle, Leeds, Leicester, Lincoln and Aberystwyth. Don't apply late though.

Anyways, just make sure you just keep it about yourself and let them read something new and not the same things anyone else would of said

I would send you mine but I'm not sure if that will get me in trouble or not.
Scotney
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I would not send her yours as it is more likely to get her in trouble.It is possible to google examples of personal statements on line though but only to use as a guide to the sort of things you could put in not to copy.
I would suggest it all depends what you are applying for and to whom.To be honest grades will trump everything in most unis and subjects.I would suggest trying to be a bit original and be real about why you love your subject and what you personally hope to gain by doing the course.
I would actually ask your boyfriend's dad to read it over after you have written it or a teacher or someone who will give you an honest opinion.
Both my offspring have gone with very personal statements giving their own take on things and a bit of humour in the opening lines.But that is them what you need is to write a few rough ideas down about what or why you made you become interested in your subject,what you have done in particular to do with that subject outside lessons.Why a degree in this is worth doing for you personally.What else would you bring to the uni eg sports ,student ambassador,etc.Always throw a book in if relevant .Just write whatever comes to mind then try to pick out the bits you feel are going to make it an interesting read and reflect who you are.
(Original post by xAikx)
Just write about why you want to study your particular subject and what really drives you to want to study it, also talk about what other hobbies and activities you enjoy and if it's relevant then link it to your subject. Just remember to not tell them what the subject is as they already know that. Keep it relevant to why you want to study the subject and how much you enjoy it.

For me I applied for maths (I applied after the deadline) and I talked about how I wanted to be able to teach in the future and spoke about how much I want to get others into the subject and it seemed to have worked.

Even though I applied after the deadline I still got all my offers the next day basically from:

Anyways, just make sure you just keep it about yourself and let them read something new and not the same things anyone else would of said

DaniCaton
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by xAikx)

Thank you ☺️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads