How a UK Gap Yar Will Afford Study in Australia Watch

CornOnTheCog
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi,

My name is Chris. I'm 19 years old, and finished my A Levels last year. I'm not from a rich family and have very little savings. I went to australia as my gap year in order to learn new things and get out of a bubble. Ive fallen in love with the place, and want to study and live here indefinitely. However, as many know, we dont get student loans for Aus, and its very expensive. Here is how I will manage to make enough to study, and live my dreams. Hope you guys can too

https://thehustletostudy.home.blog/
IJ5
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I really wanted to study in Australia for the longest time too! However, just like you, I don’t come from a rich family or have a huge amount of savings so I gave up and applied to universities in England. However if you really want to go, have you tried any scholarships from that university? Or maybe trying another university such as Deakin (which I absolutely loved) who offer scholarships to international students which cover 50-100% of your tuition fees!

Obviously then you still have the issue of accommodation and living costs. But, assuming you got the 100% scholarship, you can work for the two and a half years and that should be enough money (probably with some help of your parents) to make it through your degree.

Then there is another option which would be to go to uni in the UK and save money (through working) and move there after your degree. You can declare to the government that you are moving and it allows you to continue to pay your tuition fees from abroad.

Hope this helped slightly and good luck!

If you have any questions pm me
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
CornOnTheCog
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Im only really considering Melbourne, because of the course structure which I adore, and the rep. they offer finnancial suppprt and scholarships but its hard to get. Im planning on working now and at uni. Ive done a lot of plans and budgeting. Itll be very hard, but Im also going to be trying to work on alternate streams of income. The reason im making this blog is for those who dream but are not sure its possible. Its going to be incredibly tough, but Ive assessed its worth it, and nothing in life truly worth it is easy.

Thanks so much for the reply, and I hope one day to pm and say its possible 😉
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads