regret speaking to my tutor Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Halfway through a level I started having health issues which was affecting my ability in class and exams. I outlined the issues I was having and she eventually told my subject teacher. She also tried to convince me to stay and she said we all have to do things we don't like and we have to manage the pain and we have to make many decisions in life. I obviously felt like I couldn't cope so she said since it goes on ucas I should carry on with A level if I pass and leave if I fail. I just regret speaking to her because I felt like I gave her a headache and I was really irritating but it had to be done otherwise my subject teachers would have a go at me for not knowing anything. I was scared about how they perceive me now. Would you have told your tutor/subject teachers or just kept quiet until the end of the year which is when you can leave if you want?
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Halfway through a level I started having health issues which was affecting my ability in class and exams. I outlined the issues I was having and she eventually told my subject teacher. She also tried to convince me to stay and she said we all have to do things we don't like and we have to manage the pain and we have to make many decisions in life. I obviously felt like I couldn't cope so she said since it goes on ucas I should carry on with A level if I pass and leave if I fail. I just regret speaking to her because I felt like I gave her a headache and I was really irritating but it had to be done otherwise my subject teachers would have a go at me for not knowing anything. I was scared about how they perceive me now. Would you have told your tutor/subject teachers or just kept quiet until the end of the year which is when you can leave if you want?
If health issues affect you academically, then it is a no brainer. My universities always know, it comes with benefits.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads