cs Watch

Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
please advise computer science unis. can't decide between loughborough ,nottingham , leeds
jtkai
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Here are some things to consider that might help you make the decision.

1) The course
This should be the most important thing in your choice. Have a look at the course structure for each university. How much choice do they offer you each year? How theoretical or practical are they? How much coursework would you have to do?

Think about what interests you most - do any of the unis not even offer it? As an example, I know that Nottingham offers a module in Artificial Intelligence in the very first year. Does the course excite you? Does it look interesting to you?

2) The location
Leeds is a big city. Nottingham is a campus uni by the city. They’re going to have different feels to them, so think about what kind of vibe you want from the university.

In terms of reputation, they’re all good universities, so there isn’t really much to say there.

Have you had, or will you have, the chance to visit them?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you very much for the valuable input.Will go through the course details thoroughly.However it seems Notts don't need maths at all.so the course isn't really challenging. Atleast it seems so.
No chance to visit uni.as we are based in the Middle East.
I
(Original post by jtkai)
Here are some things to consider that might help you make the decision.

1) The course
This should be the most important thing in your choice. Have a look at the course structure for each university. How much choice do they offer you each year? How theoretical or practical are they? How much coursework would you have to do?

Think about what interests you most - do any of the unis not even offer it? As an example, I know that Nottingham offers a module in Artificial Intelligence in the very first year. Does the course excite you? Does it look interesting to you?

2) The location
Leeds is a big city. Nottingham is a campus uni by the city. They’re going to have different feels to them, so think about what kind of vibe you want from the university.

In terms of reputation, they’re all good universities, so there isn’t really much to say there.

Have you had, or will you have, the chance to visit them?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (150)
18.56%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.78%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.57%

Watched Threads