No real friends Watch

ugnyte888
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I have changed so many friend groups in the past. Now I have been friends with this group of girls for a while. But all they do is gossip and talk **** all the time. I’m really open-minded and I don’t like homophobic and racist coments so when they say rude things about LGBTQ or something I really don’t know what to say. I try to explain that it is totally not their bussines so they should stop but I can’t change someones mind. I’m leaving to study in the UK so I will soon end the friendships probably. But I still have to be here for a few more months and it’s so hard.

The thing is that people I meet in my country are usually like that. Maybe I’m the problem here? Do I have to change? But I can’t just start being rude towards people who have no impact in my life. Everyone deserves to live the way they want to.

What do you guys think?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
hello_shawn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Attitudes to LGBTQ differ by country, yours is probably one of the more hard-line ones.
Lparker6438
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You definitely don't sound like the problem here, ask yourself is there really any point in faking a friendship? What am I gaining from this? A few months without a friendship group may not be such a bad thing if it means you wont be feeling uncomfortable and worrying about what to say to these girls. Or you could just let them know that what they are saying makes you uncomfortable and if they carry on then there really is no point in still hanging out with them.
(Original post by ugnyte888)
I have changed so many friend groups in the past. Now I have been friends with this group of girls for a while. But all they do is gossip and talk **** all the time. I’m really open-minded and I don’t like homophobic and racist coments so when they say rude things about LGBTQ or something I really don’t know what to say. I try to explain that it is totally not their bussines so they should stop but I can’t change someones mind. I’m leaving to study in the UK so I will soon end the friendships probably. But I still have to be here for a few more months and it’s so hard.

The thing is that people I meet in my country are usually like that. Maybe I’m the problem here? Do I have to change? But I can’t just start being rude towards people who have no impact in my life. Everyone deserves to live the way they want to.

What do you guys think?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.69%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.3%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.47%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.91%
How can I be the best version of myself? (191)
30.03%

Watched Threads