Makingitatuni
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Does anyone know of a good book about going to university- the ins and outs of how to survive?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Makingitatuni)
Does anyone know of a good book about going to university- the ins and outs of how to survive?
this is brilliant for the studying side of uni https://www.amazon.co.uk/Study-Skill...c-6e941bac2e64
Makingitatuni
Rep:
?
Hi

Thank you for your reply but I was looking for more of a book which looks at all aspects of student life including things like being independent and living away from home and managing finances. But thank you.
(Original post by claireestelle)
this is brilliant for the studying side of uni https://www.amazon.co.uk/Study-Skill...c-6e941bac2e64
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Makingitatuni)
Hi

Thank you for your reply but I was looking for more of a book which looks at all aspects of student life including things like being independent and living away from home and managing finances. But thank you.
You won't find a useful book, I'd recommend avoiding most them as they tend to waffle about and not get straight to the point. There are numerous of guides online that you can use for free, including here (which new content is always being made each year). You should break down what you want to know in particular, and use search engine to find forums and articles with helpful advise(for example this useful article).

In terms of living independently, its a matter of just experiencing it and tackling each problems as you stumble upon them, which then you'll gradually get used to it.
Last edited by kkboyk; 5 months ago
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
"Degree Course Offers" by Brian Heap? It gives a brief overview of all the Unis, and shows their position in the Times/Sunday Times league table by uni and subject as well as having chapters on factors you need to consider like the cost of studying in different cities, fees and student finance
MusicGamer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I got this one before I started university which was pretty good - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Makingitatuni
Rep:
?
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?