The Student Room Group

Unsure about sex with boyfriend

I having been going out with my boyfriend for 6 months and I love him. We have not had sex yet but I was thinking of sleeping with him soon. However, whenever we do physical things together I am put off the idea of sleeping with him. For example for a date a might watch a romantic movie and head afterwards to bed. ( his double bed, lives by himself ) in bed he is slow to kiss me, his eyes are closed from the offset and he is ready to go to sleep. Sometimes this makes me get hurt, especially when I am practically naked in the bed. Often when we do kiss it is For a short period. He will say we should get some sleep. We meet at the weekend every 2 weeks because he is faraway from where I live. He has no commitments in the morning other than being with me up to 12. In the morning, we may kiss for a short time and then he says i am getting a shower. I was wondering what you guys think? We do sexual things in bed just not sex. I am put off the idea of sex as I think I will feel rejected like I do now . He is my first serious relationship. However, he is different from the guys I have been with before. They would always be ready to kiss e.t.c. also when he is out with his mates he stays up to 2 am. However at 12 when we are in bed he says we should get some sleep. What does everyone think? I would appreciate some help.
You should only have sex when you are ready. And the same applies to him.
What you should be doing is having this conversation with each other, not strangers on the internet
Reply 2
Be grateful he doesn’t pester you before you are ready.
Talk with him about it if it bothers you though.
Talk to him about it.

Honestly I need to write a bot that just goes through the Relationships forum, identifies key phrases, and posts ''talk to him/her about it''.
Flip perspectives.

You talk about how you've been thinking of sleeping with him soon - which likely means you've not felt ready yet, right? Maybe he's not there yet either. It may take him longer than you to feel ready.
The flip side - if he knows sex is not an option he may not want to get all turned on to stop kissing, roll over and go to sleep. He may have a low sex drive. He might be secretly gay and be using you as a front. So many options - talk to him.

[Although I think it is harder as a bloke to say not in the mood/not ready for sex]
Talk to him about sex, do you know if he’s a virgin too? If he is then that may explain why he’s being cautious, also don’t feel pressured just because you’ve been together for 6 months to have sex it should be because you really want to. But mainly I think just tell him how you are feeling and open up the conversation with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending