Australian Senator who blames Muslim Immigration for the NZ terror attacks gets egged Watch

Doones
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
#eggboy haz twitter

He's posted a vid:
https://twitter.com/willConnolly__/s...13792959614977

Edit: looks like that account wasn't actually Will Connolly's and has been taken down. Here's the video though:
https://www.smh.com.au/national/don-...17-p514us.html
Last edited by Doones; 1 month ago
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I say we give the egger a standing ova-tion. Hero.
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
What's the reason?

Because yes I would be angry, I've done nothing wrong, why do I deserve it, on the other hand a politician who says muslim Immigration is the cause of the mosque attack does deserve it.
I see some inconsistency in ye reasoning

You shift from the subjective/personal view 'this egging is unjustified because I'm innocent' to the objective view 'this egging is unjustified because I didn't do anything wrong'.

The politician probably had the same initial response as you ("I'm just preserving my people's best interests - why are you guys so angry?"). So the only difference between you and him is that he, on some 'objective' account, deserves to be humiliated or attacked, whereas you don't. So you really need to prove why some actions are so bad that they cross a magical threshold and suddenly become worthy of violence. Saying that something isn't violence and is therefore is 'okay' isn't enough.
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The Champion.m4a)
The hen would not approve. They should just really vote him off. Better yet, recall or impeach or do whatever they could down under.
'Hey, that thing you said was wrong, in 3 or 4 years, when you are up for re-election you'll be getting one less vote.'

What a meaningful threat / display of disagreement . I bet anyone who had to face that kind of heartfelt and deeply considered retort would surely immediately question their beliefs and examine whether they were encouraging the type of thinking that had just resulted in a terrorist attack killing dozens of people.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
I see some inconsistency in ye reasoning

You shift from the subjective/personal view 'this egging is unjustified because I'm innocent' to the objective view 'this egging is unjustified because I didn't do anything wrong'.

The politician probably had the same initial response as you ("I'm just preserving my people's best interests - why are you guys so angry?"). So the only difference between you and him is that he, on some 'objective' account, deserves to be humiliated or attacked, whereas you don't. So you really need to prove why some actions are so bad that they cross a magical threshold and suddenly become worthy of violence. Saying that something isn't violence and is therefore is 'okay' isn't enough.
There is no inconsistency, I did nothing wrong, someone comes up to me and eggs me when I have done nothing, that is clear, just because the politician thinks he has done nothing wrong doesn't mean he hasn't, he clearly has as he has discriminated against a religious group, I on the other hand have done nothing, literally nothing.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by mojojojo101)
'Hey, that thing you said was wrong, in 3 or 4 years, when you are up for re-election you'll be getting one less vote.'

What a meaningful threat / display of disagreement . I bet anyone who had to face that kind of heartfelt and deeply considered retort would surely immediately question their beliefs and examine whether they were encouraging the type of thinking that had just resulted in a terrorist attack killing dozens of people.
It's about displaying disagreement, not trying to change his views.
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There is no inconsistency, I did nothing wrong, someone comes up to me and eggs me when I have done nothing, that is clear, just because the politician thinks he has done nothing wrong doesn't mean he hasn't, he clearly has as he has discriminated against a religious group, I on the other hand have done nothing, literally nothing.
Refer to the third paragraph of the previous post
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How are you displaying disagreement by maybe doing something in 3 or 4 years from now. Its pathetically weak.

Also, what's the pointing in displaying disagreement if you have intention of changing anyone's mind?
Last edited by mojojojo101; 1 month ago
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Refer to the third paragraph of the previous post
I did read it, he discriminated against an entire religion, i on the other hand just walked out of my house.

Big difference.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
How are you displaying disagreement by maybe doing something in 3 or 4 years from now. Its pathetically weak.

Also, what's the pointing in displaying disagreement if you have intention of changing anyone's mind?
You're thinking about it too much, it's a way for the people to show their disagreement, that's all, stop over analysing.
The Champion.m4a
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

There's no point in threatening. Should launch a campaign to get him recalled or something. Much more effective. or do both. egg him for publicity for the campaign
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If someone disagrees with Corbyn would you defend them throwing an egg at him? If an egg is ok, how about a shoe? Or a brick?
CHANEL&DIAMONDS
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wish I knew him because I woulda at least held the eggs for him and been his bodyguard
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by jameswhughes)
If someone disagrees with Corbyn would you defend them throwing an egg at him? If an egg is ok, how about a shoe? Or a brick?
Freedom of speech buddy, there’s a difference between an egg and a sharp concrete brick, are you going to pretend they are the same thing.
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Freedom of speech buddy, there’s a difference between an egg and a sharp concrete brick, are you going to pretend they are the same thing.
Where do you draw your arbitrary line? Is punching a politician ok if you disagree with them?
PureHeroine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Doones)
#eggboy haz twitter

He's posted a vid:
https://twitter.com/willConnolly__/s...13792959614977
I wonder why they suspended him

anyway this should definitely become a meme. I've already seen some parodies and video edits which are entertaining but I need more. there's so much we can do with this video.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by jameswhughes)
Where do you draw your arbitrary line? Is punching a politician ok if you disagree with them?
You’re really quite the comedian aren’t you, throwing a punch is not the same as throwing an egg, split the difference, now that I think about it, that senator was the one who threw the first punch.
Doones
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PureHeroine)
I wonder why they suspended him

anyway this should definitely become a meme. I've already seen some parodies and video edits which are entertaining but I need more. there's so much we can do with this video.
I think that account wasn't actually Will Connelly's - but had posted some of his IG content.

This has the video I was linking earlier.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/don-...17-p514us.html
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Surprised that this ******** made a video about the shooting, of course he is far right and although says it many times "I condemn this" you can just tell from the tune of his voice and his arguments that he is trying to justify this attack somehow. Although one thing we can both agree on, is that the shooter should be hung in the town square
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn-T9ONYcPs

2 years ago I used to be a subscriber of this channel, when it had 15,000 subscribers. I later realised I was mixing up with the wrong people and left, I am not a subscriber anymore but still keep this channel under watch
Gingertraveller
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly I was more impressed with the jab the egg thrower got lol.

Bam right in the kisser!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (452)
37.95%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.61%

Watched Threads