Australian Senator who blames Muslim Immigration for the NZ terror attacks gets egged Watch

DrMikeHuntHertz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
At least he didn't get blown up.
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jameswhughes)
Where do you draw your arbitrary line? Is punching a politician ok if you disagree with them?
The other side to that is where do you draw the line between mere disagreement and threat/danger?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
simon_g
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Doones)
The "security" thugs who jumped on the 17yo doing the egging need to be investigated. They put him in a choke hold.

https://twitter.com/TheRealPBarry/st...10210931240961
play stupid games, win stupid prize
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anarchism101)
The other side to that is where do you draw the line between mere disagreement and threat/danger?
What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying assassination of a politician is ok if you perceive them as a danger?

I'm against all violence to all politicians, no matter how unpleasant their views. If we say throwing an egg and slapping someone on the back of the head (just like in the video) is ok, then maybe a punch is ok, and it won't take long for this to escalate into someone being shot.
limetang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I like all these people saying being egged isn’t a big deal. Wonder whether they’d be saying that if it was them being egged by s random
Stranger. Wonder whether they’d be saying this if it were a politician they liked.
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by limetang)
I like all these people saying being egged isn’t a big deal. Wonder whether they’d be saying that if it was them being egged by s random
Stranger. Wonder whether they’d be saying this if it were a politician they liked.
I’ve been egged by a stranger as well as plenty of times at school. It wasn’t a big deal.
viffer
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He didn't punch the little terd hard enough
Just my opinion
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He got off light.
Slugger Prescott would have decked him.👊👊👊
Moments
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What if the senator was Vegan?

Smashing a chicken egg on him would be an attack; not only on his person, but on his beliefs, his liberty and his entire way of life! :mob:

The senator deserved it for not playing the political game correctly (knowing when to shut up) and the kid deserved a lick for thinking actions don't have consequences.
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying assassination of a politician is ok if you perceive them as a danger?
In some extreme circumstances, I think it could, hypothetically, be morally justified, yes. I certainly wouldn't morally condemn a gay Chechen who killed Ramzan Kadyrov, to give an obvious example.

Of course, it being justified wouldn't make it necessarily a good idea - there would still likely be plenty of pragmatic reasons not to do it.
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Worth noting also that Anning only became a Senator as the result of a kind of loophole quirk in the Australian electoral system - only 19 people actually voted for him, and he literally quit the party that enabled him to be "elected" the moment he was sworn in.
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The Champion.m4a)
The hen would not approve. They should just really vote him off. Better yet, recall or impeach or do whatever they could down under.
They can't. If there was really any way of removing Anning from his seat, it would have been done. He got in on a loophole, basically.
The Champion.m4a
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anarchism101)
They can't. If there was really any way of removing Anning from his seat, it would have been done. He got in on a loophole, basically.
Very unfortunate then. Then perhaps a campaign should be done to measure or possible
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The Champion.m4a)
Very unfortunate then. Then perhaps a campaign should be done to measure or possible
There's an election in May, and Anning stands literally no chance of holding his seat, so no real point trying to mount a campaign to force him out at this point.
Leia studies
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
I guess you could say the egg met the egghead.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-...media/10908650
Karma is a b**** isn't it Fraser?

You insensitive egg head.
Bet you must be terrifried, your mind is clearly scrambled...
yolks on you I guess...
You must be eggsausted by all of the comments you've gotten...
You rotten eggoholic

(Just a little banter )
:aetsch:
Leia studies
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
It wasn’t that unecessary, it’s a natural reaction.
I said punching somebody who attacks you is a natural reaction , I haven’t deviated from that.

Hitting somebody with an egg is a form of violence, albeit not serious.
You don't really make sense. You keep contradicting yourself.

Yes, hitting someone with an "egg" may be a form of violence but so is "punching" someone... Doesn't matter if it's a natural reaction or not...!

Violence is violence.
But what 'Fraser' said was cruel, heartless not to say totally unprofessional.
It's ridiculous that he said such things with him being a public figure.

So yes, for his "attack" on Muslims/immigration... My "natural reaction" would be to throw an "egg" too.
Tough s*** :cool:
I can't control it, it was a natural reaction. (Shrugs shoulder)
TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Leia studies)
Karma is a b**** isn't it Fraser?

You insensitive egg head.
Bet you must be terrifried, your mind is clearly scrambled...
yolks on you I guess...
You must be eggsausted by all of the comments you've gotten...
You rotten eggoholic

(Just a little banter )
:aetsch:
You’re enjoying your practical yolks aren’t you.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Leia studies)
You don't really make sense. You keep contradicting yourself.

Yes, hitting someone with an "egg" may be a form of violence but so is "punching" someone... Doesn't matter if it's a natural reaction or not...!

Violence is violence.
But what 'Fraser' said was cruel, heartless not to say totally unprofessional.
It's ridiculous that he said such things with him being a public figure.

So yes, for his "attack" on Muslims/immigration... My "natural reaction" would be to throw an "egg" too.
Tough s*** :cool:
I can't control it, it was a natural reaction. (Shrugs shoulder)
I never said punching somebody wasn’t violent.
Leia studies
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bloomer36)
How is it not a natural reaction? How would you react if you were unexpectedly attacked from behind (in any way)? Would you just stand there?

Can't believe he's actually being criticised for defending himself, and for having security hold the attacker down while police come. You're all deluded.
He's not being criticized. He's being questioned for assuming actions don't have consequences (Moments)

He wrongfully wrote a whole document of utter garbage, made it public... With no facts/proof of what he was saying. I'd say that's a personal "attack" on a person's belief/culture (whatever).
It's not right at all. He's wrong to think that he wasn't going to have to answer for his unthinkable actions. Utter fool I say.
Where do you draw your arbitrary line? Is punching a politician ok if you disagree with them?
No. But there's a big difference between throwing an egg and a brick.

An egg is nothing compared to what others may have done.

He should suck it up...
All actions have consequences.
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
You’re enjoying your practical yolks aren’t you.
:cool:
Leia studies
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I never said punching somebody wasn’t violent.
No, but you implied it was a reasonable response to violence in a certain situation (i.e: when getting attacked). When in fact it's not. It may be a natural response, doesn't mean it should be allowed / considered to be correct.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (452)
37.95%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.61%

Watched Threads