Becky_x56
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I’m currently in year 12 studying a level physics chemistry and philosophy and ethics and am wanting to become a teacher after uni preferably to teach physics.
However we’ve just taken mocks in our subjects and I got my physics results back and Iv got an E I’m extremely disappointed with myself and quite upset, my teacher is starting to do extra lessons with me to help me but I’m really worried I’m not going to do well in my exam sin yr 13.
I don’t want to drop the subject as I love it I’m just finding it quite difficult and am worrying.
Dr.Medic?
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Becky_x56)
Hi, I’m currently in year 12 studying a level physics chemistry and philosophy and ethics and am wanting to become a teacher after uni preferably to teach physics.
However we’ve just taken mocks in our subjects and I got my physics results back and Iv got an E I’m extremely disappointed with myself and quite upset, my teacher is starting to do extra lessons with me to help me but I’m really worried I’m not going to do well in my exam sin yr 13.
I don’t want to drop the subject as I love it I’m just finding it quite difficult and am worrying.
What exactly are you struggling with? The workload? Content? Exam technique? Also is it just physics or is chemistry also difficult ?
Becky_x56
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dr.Medic?)
What exactly are you struggling with? The workload? Content? Exam technique? Also is it just physics or is chemistry also difficult ?
I do find chemistry difficult aswell, we didnt do a mock in it so I’m not sure where I’m working at.
In physics I’m struggling with the content especially the maths side of it and also the work load as I go to a very respected school and we get set so much work and my teacher is doing extra lessons with just me and setting me extra work so help me but I’m just getting very stressed at the moment.
Dr.Medic?
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do find chemistry difficult aswell, we didnt do a mock in it so I’m not sure where I’m working at.
In physics I’m struggling with the content especially the maths side of it and also the work load as I go to a very respected school and we get set so much work and my teacher is doing extra lessons with just me and setting me extra work so help me but I’m just getting very stressed at the moment.
That’s understandable, I wouldn’t be able to help you with physics unfortunately as it’s not something I ever studied. I tutor Chemistry so a bit more relevant to you I could say your main way of preparing for chemistry is tonnes of exam practise. Everything is repetitive in chemistry and the hardest part is understanding questions.
Becky_x56
Rep:
?
That’s understandable, I wouldn’t be able to help you with physics unfortunately as it’s not something I ever studied. I tutor Chemistry so a bit more relevant to you I could say your main way of preparing for chemistry is tonnes of exam practise. Everything is repetitive in chemistry and the hardest part is understanding questions.
I think with chemistry I used to really enjoy it but now Iv started to like it less and less I don’t know if it’s just because I’m not understanding the topics or whether I generally don’t like the subject but it’s putting me of revising
Dr.Medic?
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think with chemistry I used to really enjoy it but now Iv started to like it less and less I don’t know if it’s just because I’m not understanding the topics or whether I generally don’t like the subject but it’s putting me of revising
That’s quite normal for a lot of people. The content can get overwhelming and when you’ve not understood one topic and it’s moved onto another topic you can fall behind very quick. But it’s a matter of getting the grade regardless of whether you enjoy it or not if you want to progress so power through it. ☺️
Last edited by Dr.Medic?; 1 year ago
Sharemine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
honestly don't worry at allll. I'm currently in year 13 but when i had my first mocks in year 12 i got 3 Ds but left AS level with 3 As. If u failed your mocks dont worry at all, this was ur first time doing exam in year 12 an u r new to alevels so u are just adjusting. DW at all.
Dr.Medic?
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn’t stress too much. Early on in year 12 a lot of students don’t do as well as they hope because it’s quite a step up and required adjustments in the way you revise etc. Be patient and try new things.. see what works for you
Sharemine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i do chemistry, to help use Allery chemistry on youtube, he is great and use chemrevise
i defo recommend them i dont even use the textook and im fine
Becky_x56
Rep:
?
That’s quite normal for a lot of people. The content can get overwhelming and when you’ve not understood one topic and it’s moved onto another topic you can fall behind very quick. But it’s a matter of getting the grade regardless of whether you enjoy it or not if you want to progress so power through it. ☺️
Thanks for the advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (70)
67.31%
I don't have everything I need (34)
32.69%

Watched Threads