Should I wake up at 5am on the day of my exams?

Watch
Matthew Griffy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
All my maths exams start at 9:00 am and my afternoon exams are at 1 pm and go on for about 1-2hours. If I were to do this, I would've started to wake up at 5 am a month prior to my first exam so I can shift my sleep pattern. I would also wake up at 5 am even when I don't have exams to maintain the sleep pattern.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Matthew Griffy)
All my maths exams start at 9:00 am and my afternoon exams are at 1 pm and go on for about 1-2hours. If I were to do this, I would've started to wake up at 5 am a month prior to my first exam so I can shift my sleep pattern. I would also wake up at 5 am even when I don't have exams to maintain the sleep pattern.
Why?
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
your revision is important but sleep is important because it turns into long term memories so it's vital to sleep my advice don't do it
(Original post by Matthew Griffy)
1Person
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To get to such a sleep pattern I would probably need some years at least. :bebored:
Tamimur
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 1Person)
To get to such a sleep pattern I would probably need some years at least. :bebored:
No you don't. I've shifted to a 5am wake up time in about a week.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yep he is right i did wake 5am once
(Original post by Tamimur)
1Person
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tamimur)
I usually go to sleep around 3am, so maybe I could require a little bit more than a week in order not to kill myself
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should get at least 7 hours of sleep in a day, If you're in bed by 9-10pm it shouldn't be a problem.

Wake up at 5 am and you'll have 4 hours- go on a run/do a short workout, get ready, eat breakfast, look over your notes

If you want to shift your sleep pattern to waking up much earlier, start by sleeping less during the night and then take a nap during the day. So if you go to sleep at midnight and wake up at 5 am, take a nap from 5 pm to 7 pm. Obviously depending on what your schedule is like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (376)
56.46%
I don't have everything I need (290)
43.54%

Watched Threads