James Gunn: Disney rehires sacked Guardians of the Galaxy director Watch

-Eirlys-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
"Director James Gunn has been rehired to direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after he was fired by Disney over decade-old tweets that joked about rape and abuse.

It comes after famous cast members from the Marvel series signed an open letter pleading for Gunn's return.

In a tweet he thanked Disney and his supporters and said he is "excited to continue making films that investigate the ties of love that bind us all".

He was fired last July over the tweets that Disney called "indefensible".

Stars from the first two films in the franchise had openly supported Gunn after his dismissal, including Bradley Cooper, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel and Dave Bautista."

Read more here.

Even though the tweets are old, should he have been rehired after making such jokes?
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Shouldn’t have been sacked in the first place but shows again that Disney/corporations value money over their own defined morals.
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Makes sense why they hadn't appointed a new director, they worked out they been baited so they delayed the whole thing with the full intention of hiring g Gunn back later.
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Liberals lost this one. Money wins.
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What were the tweets?
yucakuya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hannxm)
"Director James Gunn has been rehired to direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after he was fired by Disney over decade-old tweets that joked about rape and abuse.

It comes after famous cast members from the Marvel series signed an open letter pleading for Gunn's return.

In a tweet he thanked Disney and his supporters and said he is "excited to continue making films that investigate the ties of love that bind us all".

He was fired last July over the tweets that Disney called "indefensible".

Stars from the first two films in the franchise had openly supported Gunn after his dismissal, including Bradley Cooper, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel and Dave Bautista."

Read more here.

Even though the tweets are old, should he have been rehired after making such jokes?
Disney are mean't to be a family friendly company, having people who clearly dabble in paedophilia should not be forgiven, there have been pictures of him attending parties that are cosplaying children and has pictures taken with known paedophiles he called friends.

It isn't just the tweets of which were many and were retweeted by his convicted paedophile friends, there is supporting evidence of him indulging in this culture.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by yudothis)
Liberals lost this one. Money wins.
That's interesting since there were a lot of liberals (myself included) who wanted Gunn to direct GotG3.
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by yucakuya)
Disney are mean't to be a family friendly company, having people who clearly dabble in paedophilia should not be forgiven, there have been pictures of him attending parties that are cosplaying children and has pictures taken with known paedophiles he called friends.

It isn't just the tweets of which were many and were retweeted by his convicted paedophile friends, there is supporting evidence of him indulging in this culture.
Who were the convicted paedophiles?
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
And there are a lot who love to "cancel" people for ever having said something they deem wrong.
(Original post by SHallowvale)
That's interesting since there were a lot of liberals (myself included) who wanted Gunn to direct GotG3.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
And there are a lot who love to "cancel" people for ever having said something they deem wrong.
...of whom include both the left and the right, take the backlash against Milo for example.
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Nah, this is vastly predominantly a left phenomenon. Don't even deny it.
...of whom include both the left and the right, take the backlash against Milo for example.
DSilva
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Nah, as usual you're being selective to suit your argument and appeal to your right wing buds to show 'mature' you are now...
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Suit yourself, I'm not the one looking silly.
(Original post by DSilva)
Nah, as usual you're being selective to suit your argument and appeal to your right wing buds to show 'mature' you are now...
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
And you know this how, exactly?
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
How do you know it's not? But do tell me, who are the people who made no-platforming, cancelling, threatening violence to get venues to cancel, etc. standard in the last few years? Oh yea, totally, it was the right wing. So obvious it was them I mean who would even think otherwise. :facepalm:
And you know this how, exactly?
DSilva
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Suit yourself, I'm not the one looking silly.
How do you know it's not? But do tell me, who are the people who made no-platforming, cancelling, threatening violence to get venues to cancel, etc. standard in the last few years? Oh yea, totally, it was the right wing. So obvious it was them I mean who would even think otherwise. :facepalm:
Both sides.

The right are just as bad as the left when it comes to this. Obviously though, because you're someone who claims you used to be left wing, you have to show your right wing buddies how mature you are now by going on about 'the left' all the time.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I've already given you an example of the right de-platforming someone. If you want to make the case that the left do this more then provide real evidence of this, not just anecdotes.
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Because I see the new left as a bigger threat to society than the right. Because I feel deeply saddened by this development, I don't expect better from the right, but from the left I did. Not anymore though.
(Original post by DSilva)
Both sides.

The right are just as bad as the left when it comes to this. Obviously though, because you're someone who claims you used to be left wing, you have to show your right wing buddies how mature you are now by going on about 'the left' all the time.
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
He shouldn't have been fired in the first place.

Side note, anyone else think James Gunn looks like Tom Cavanagh (Wells) from the Flash? No? Just me?
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yes, you really got me with one example. Stop the presses, everything else you can see on social media (and remember, this is a social media phenomenon) is totally wrong. SHallowvale proved it all wrong with one example. I bow before you.
I've already given you an example of the right de-platforming someone. If you want to make the case that the left do this more then provide real evidence of this, not just anecdotes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (49)
24.62%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (64)
32.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (37)
18.59%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (17)
8.54%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
16.08%

Watched Threads