MAP123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone, I have an interview on Monday at MMU for the Social Sciences PGCE. I was wondering if anyone who has taken this interview recently or any PGCE interview at MMU, do they have any tips on what questions will be asked or their personal experience?
Thank you in advance!
colex
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiya, I have an interview next week for business studies. Any advice?Also, how did it go?
MAP123
Rep:
?
(Original post by colex)
Hiya, I have an interview next week for business studies. Any advice?Also, how did it go?
Hi, good luck for your interview!

My interview went really well I was extremely nervous but there was only me and one other girl who were being interviewed so that was really helpful. I don't think they are interviewing in large groups as there was another person who had an interview for Drama and she was the only one.

Anyway for the interview it started off with her mentioning what the timetable will be like and how the course is laid out, then we had our group discussion which lasted for around 10 minutes, we had to do a 3 minute presentation which I ran over by A LOT and so did the other girl, but the lady said it was fine as we weren't repeating ourselves. In our 1-1 interview she asked me if I were to deliver a lesson research methods how would I do that, then she asked about my dissertation and how I could link that with my PGCE course so I mentioned a few theories and theorists I'm covering.

I was told I would get a reply within 48 hours which I did and have now accepted! But overall, it was pretty relaxed, nothing too intense and formal I suppose
colex
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

Thanks for your reply!
Oh my gosh, so chuffed for you congratulations!

How did you deliver your presentation? I was going to do like a classroom setting but now I feel it may not work that well if mines is small like yours was.

Also, did they ask any scary questions in the interview?

Nicole x
MAP123
Rep:
?
Thank you love! We were in a little study room, so there was one table and the woman sat on the opposite side to us two girls, we just delivered out presentation sat down, like I said it wasn't anything too formal so don't worry! I just had some notes on a small card in front of me just to refer back to but that was about it.

For questions I got put off the how would you deliver your first lesson on research methods as I hadn't planned anything but I just mentioned I would explain key terms to them and then do a match the key terms to the definition activity half way through to check up if they are picking information. I think just go over on how would you deliver a lesson like what activity you would do and what resources you would use just in case they ask you a similar questiont o mine x
(Original post by colex)
Hi,

Thanks for your reply!
Oh my gosh, so chuffed for you congratulations!

How did you deliver your presentation? I was going to do like a classroom setting but now I feel it may not work that well if mines is small like yours was.

Also, did they ask any scary questions in the interview?

Nicole x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.31%
No (65)
38.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise