Any tips for History and Politics revision? (A Level)

Watch
laurenai
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys! I'm currently trying to revise for my upcoming exams in the summer! I'm really struggling to find an effective way to revise. I do lots of revision but I'm struggling to remember content still. Any help would be much appreciated!
discowilma
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hey! i do both of these subjects for a level and have my exams in may/june, so i'll share how i revise for them?

1. essay plans - honestly, go through every single past paper essay and plan it, maybe write a few introductions, and then once you are confident, go ahead and try writing some to time (it will really help with time pressure in the real thing, and questions can be similar!)

2. timelines (mostly for history) - i can't stress these enough!!! for topics like the French Rev (which i study), so much goes on between 1780s-1794 that i have to know and marking the key dates and events with timelines really helps

3. flashcards - i do these for prime ministers and their policies, for key wars, parliamentary acts etc (history) or key recent presidents and prime ministers, political thinkers etc (pol)...whatever you need

4. watching documentaries online really helps! also websites such as massolit (for history) and pre-chewed politics really are fantastic for helping you digest revision (i would recommend buying these if your school does not have access - they are a great investment)

5. mixing it up - combining lots of methods together will really help you digest content, so maybe one day write some notes, the next make a quizlet on key details, another day make timelines or mindmaps etc...it will help you work out the best way to revise for you!

i hope some of this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (18)
8.74%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (125)
60.68%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
14.56%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (29)
14.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
1.94%

Watched Threads