Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi so i’m 20 and litarally aweful at DM’ing girls so I just have never done it. But there is one girl on instagram who follows me and we don’t know each other, but I think she is flawless. So I built up some courage to DM her about her story where I ask what song it was in the story, which she replied to within minutes, and I said thanks for the new song and she said it’s an old song and had 1 more back and forth message when I said a artist was the best and she just liked it and didn’t reply.

What do I do next?

By her not saying anything back does that mean she’s not interested. Like I said i’m bad at DMs so I need some advice please.
Yukikobestgirl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Ok so basically make sure you have the monster manual, Dungeon Master's guide and a DM screen
Then ensure your encounters are well balanced and also focus heavily on the story.
Don't railroad your players either let them have leniency as long as you can ensure that they get to the end at some point
Have fun DMing <3
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You're beating a dead horse if you think that's going to inspire a long back and forth or give you any indication whatsoever as to what she thinks of you.

Take the fact you're talking via messages out of the equation. Think about the last time you had a long conversation with someone in real life (doesn't matter who it was with - a friend, a sibling, your mum). You likely changed topic a few times, asked questions, relayed anecdotes, and probably didn't think too much about it as you were doing it. Conversations via social media are much the same - you just need to not over-think it.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 6 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Yukikobestgirl)
Ok so basically make sure you have the monster manual, Dungeon Master's guide and a DM screen
Then ensure your encounters are well balanced and also focus heavily on the story.
Don't railroad your players either let them have leniency as long as you can ensure that they get to the end at some point
Have fun DMing <3
Was hoping for a comment like this😂😂😂
Anonymous #1
Thank you, that makes me feel more confident mesaging her again and my biggest problem is that I overthink things.
(Original post by sinfonietta)
You're beating a dead horse if you think that's going to inspire a long back and forth or give you any indication whatsoever as to what she thinks of you.

Take the fact you're talking via messages out of the equation. Think about the last time you had a long conversation with someone in real life (doesn't matter who it was with - a friend, a sibling, your mum). You likely changed topic a few times, asked questions, relayed anecdotes, and probably didn't think too much about it as you were doing it. Conversations via social media are much the same - you just need to not over-think it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (12)
6.42%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.16%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.11%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.43%
There's nothing they could do (54)
28.88%

Watched Threads