The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

White Supremacy vs Islamic Supremacy

What's the difference?
It's the media's job to keep Islamic supremacy a secret, which is why they always hesitate whenever a terrorist attack is reported and the attacker is discovered to be Muslim :wink:
One's about white people, the other about Islam?
both groups are equally braindead ?
Reply 4
So if we rightly condemn the ideology of white/nationalist supremacy then why are we so quiet on Islamic supremacy that's enshrined in the 'manifesto' that is the Quran?
that is the biggest false equivalency i've ever seen. there is no such thing as "islamic supremacy".

go outside, meet different people, maybe learn a little guys.
Reply 6
Original post by evxngeline
that is the biggest false equivalency i've ever seen. there is no such thing as "islamic supremacy".

This isn't a white girl's SJW day trip. Maybe you can read a book like the Quran or learn something from history if you're going to claim false equivalency. If you'd like to seriously engage in a debate on whether Islamic supremacy exists, I'm more than willing to partake.
Reply 7

Okay, I am not an Islamaphobe, and I have not read the Quran, but my understanding is that the Quran sets out the belief that Islam is the one true religion. Is that not a type of supremacy?
Reply 8
Original post by Dara Dahl
So if we rightly condemn the ideology of white/nationalist supremacy then why are we so quiet on Islamic supremacy that's enshrined in the 'manifesto' that is the Quran?

Sorry, but it's hard to take you seriously when you make points like that, without referencing where in the Qu'ran "Islamic supremacy" is "enshrined".
Original post by Jjj90
Okay, I am not an Islamaphobe, and I have not read the Quran, but my understanding is that the Quran sets out the belief that Islam is the one true religion. Is that not a type of supremacy?

Supremacy is when one thinks of themselves as being superior than the rest. Islam doesn't say its better or superior it says it is the religion of truth. There's a huge difference between having supremacist thoughts and just following something because you find the truth in it. Now you may say 'well supremacists may think what they are doing is true'. To that I will say that's an act that they follow without any sort of logic, it doesn't have any roots or any type of justification to it. When it comes to Islam being the true religion for me personally I have found all the answers that I needed and it was backed up by logic and evidence. Islam states that if you have pride even if it is the size of a mustard seed (it's a very small seed) you will not enter paradise. This opposes the supremacists view of thinking of self being better and superior. Islam promotes kindness, humbleness, love and compassion between Muslims and non Muslims and if you want I can find exact evidence for such beliefs. Does any of that sound supreme?
Unfortunately due to lack of understanding of the Quran amongst Muslims and non Muslims in our era things can get twisted VERY easily and taken out of context. It's like back in the days people understood Shakespeare's English but now unless you sit down and analyse every word you will not know the meaning of it. So one day if you decide to learn about Islam I would recommend you go to someone who really knows their stuff.
Hope this helped <3 x

But there is white supremacy?
Reply 11
Original post by Haider_A
Sorry, but it's hard to take you seriously when you make points like that, without referencing where in the Qu'ran "Islamic supremacy" is "enshrined".

Original post by bazinga12
Supremacy is when one thinks of themselves as being superior than the rest. Islam doesn't say its better or superior it says it is the religion of truth.

Not only does Islamic scripture (and history shows) claims of "truth" but that Muslims are by far portrayed as superior in every way.
You do know there are white Muslims and white middle-class women in Britain are most likely convert to Islam and Muslims are all ethnic groups it just happens that in the UK most Muslims are non-white.

Latest

Trending

Trending