The Student Room Group

He doesn’t make me happy anymore but I still love him

I’ve been dating this guy for almost a year now. (long distance) we planned to get married later on in life and stuff and decided to wait for each other The first part of our relationship was going well we were madly in love and obviously he was horny asf, but then he hurt me he got high and said he doesn’t love me as much. Fast forwarding couple weeks later I was so broken my first ever relationship first ever boyfriend first guy I’ve ever loved hurt me. But then he came back said he was sorry and regret what he said so we got back together. I feel like I can’t move past the stage. He says the right things like he loves me and all but his actions are not the same. He’s got a high sex drive so he’s horny a lot of the time and he feels bad about it cause he knows that sometimes I don’t like it. I’ve tried leaving him before because of how much he hurt me before and even the little things he’s done to hurt me as well things like our arguments when he’d tell me to shut the **** up or tell me what to do he always feels bad in the end and ends up coming back saying sorry and being calm and stuff. I’m not a happy person in general either, I’ve had depression for such a long time and idk whether it’s him making me unhappy or it’s just life in general. I love him I really do but he feels like he loves me more than I love him. And I feel like I love him more than he loves me. Idk what to do I’m just not happy I’m holding in so much hurt everything hurts now just everything. I feel emotionally drained and all.
Have you tried taking a break from eachother? Not necessarily break up but like take a week's vacation away from him? See how you feel when you are alone and thing about it more clearly. Emotions can be tricky when you constantly think about the other person, but you have to think about you first and then about everyone else. It's not good for anyone to be with a person that constantly apologizes and then says that he loves you the next day even if they mean it.You should also talk to him about it, it will suck yes but you have to ask him what he also feels about your relationship and what he feels about you as well. Be open minded and open to solutions if you think that they will be beneficial to both of you.
Reply 2
Original post by Sofia8687
Have you tried taking a break from eachother? Not necessarily break up but like take a week's vacation away from him? See how you feel when you are alone and thing about it more clearly. Emotions can be tricky when you constantly think about the other person, but you have to think about you first and then about everyone else. It's not good for anyone to be with a person that constantly apologizes and then says that he loves you the next day even if they mean it.You should also talk to him about it, it will suck yes but you have to ask him what he also feels about your relationship and what he feels about you as well. Be open minded and open to solutions if you think that they will be beneficial to both of you.

I have spoken to him about it before he feels bad about himself he says that he’s not good for me. He’s never been with anyone before I’m his first and he’s my first. He has anger issues and he was saying that he feels like it’s been a rocky road but he really doesn’t want to lose me and he loves me so much and he thinks he’s the problem in our relationship he’s trying to change. He’s a difficult person in general but we love each other so much I think I love him more but he thinks that he loves me more than I I love him. We don’t speak a lot cause he’s got exams and so have I but we speak like almost every day and every night. When he’s horny he says he just can’t help himself and he feels bad and guilty but he can’t control it. We haven’t called in such s long time only been texting both of us have been really busy. So many times I’ve brought this up sayinf how I think he doesn’t love me or care and he gets really upset about it. And now he says he feels nervous to talk to me and he’s scared of me leaving him. This is coming from a guy who cried when expressing how much he loves me. What do I do we don’t fight a lot it’s only whenever a really sensitive subject comes up
Hey - I really think you need to know that even if you do love him, if he isn't making you happy then maybe you need to reconsider your relationship. Many people who come out of relationships will still love their ex's. Feelings don't just go away over night and you suddenly don't love them. Of course you love him as you've dedicated your time to him for nearly a year.
If a guy swears or hurts your feelings like that you should know that it is not right. Even when they apologise and you take them back they are just as capable of doing it again. He seems to be taking your feelings for granted and there are two people in the relationship; if you are holding on to it because you don't want to hurt him, you need to think how staying in the relationship it is hurting you. You are also a very important figure in the relationship, not just him
I would tell him about how you feel, see if he improves and if he doesn't then I would not recommend staying in that relationship. You deserve someone that makes you happy.
leave him for a while like a few weeks not talking to each other . then you'll both be dribbling for each other
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been dating this guy for almost a year now. (long distance) we planned to get married later on in life and stuff and decided to wait for each other The first part of our relationship was going well we were madly in love and obviously he was horny asf, but then he hurt me he got high and said he doesn’t love me as much. Fast forwarding couple weeks later I was so broken my first ever relationship first ever boyfriend first guy I’ve ever loved hurt me. But then he came back said he was sorry and regret what he said so we got back together. I feel like I can’t move past the stage. He says the right things like he loves me and all but his actions are not the same. He’s got a high sex drive so he’s horny a lot of the time and he feels bad about it cause he knows that sometimes I don’t like it. I’ve tried leaving him before because of how much he hurt me before and even the little things he’s done to hurt me as well things like our arguments when he’d tell me to shut the **** up or tell me what to do he always feels bad in the end and ends up coming back saying sorry and being calm and stuff. I’m not a happy person in general either, I’ve had depression for such a long time and idk whether it’s him making me unhappy or it’s just life in general. I love him I really do but he feels like he loves me more than I love him. And I feel like I love him more than he loves me. Idk what to do I’m just not happy I’m holding in so much hurt everything hurts now just everything. I feel emotionally drained and all.

You need to take a break from the relationship and work on your insecurities and problems which are making you depressed. Your boyfriend is not respecting you. Why not try relationship counselling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending