Stephenson College, Durham

Watch this thread
caitlinhayes
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I’ve been allocated to Stephenson College and I have abso no idea what it is, I’ve literally never heard of it before. I know that the college moved recently so there’s literally no pictures of it online anywhere.

Are there any current students there or someone who’s visited on the open days that could tell me what it’s like??

Also if anyone else has been allocated there and has no idea what it is either, we’re all in this together lads ahaha
TSR_Ollie
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It is in the same place as Butler, it is the former ustinov PG accommodation. Nice as it gets, Durham's accommodation is not the greatest when it come to university, in terms of self-catered anyway.

Name:  20150731-_MG_9246.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  98.2 KB
billze
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Not to ruin the rest of your year, but as a current 'Stevo Ranger', you have been allocated to the objectively worst college in Durham, if not County Durham.

Please work harder and get into Oxbridge for it really is not a substitute.

Also, it would be best to keep this information to yourself for once you let out that you are a Stevo, you will be outcasted and left to rot in your ungowned bodies.
billze
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Not to ruin the rest of your year, but as a current 'Stevo Ranger', you have been allocated to the objectively worst college in Durham, if not County Durham.

Also, it would be best to keep this information to yourself for once you let out that you are a Stevo, you will be outcasted and left to rot in your ungowned bodies.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
Just thought i needed to post it twice.
(Original post by billze)

random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Troll alert.
pon1de2replay3
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
hello please could u let us know what its like when u find out haha
FreyaK123
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by caitlinhayes)
I’ve been allocated to Stephenson College and I have abso no idea what it is, I’ve literally never heard of it before. I know that the college moved recently so there’s literally no pictures of it online anywhere.

Are there any current students there or someone who’s visited on the open days that could tell me what it’s like??

Also if anyone else has been allocated there and has no idea what it is either, we’re all in this together lads ahaha
Hi how have you found Stephenson College having been there for a year?
Anonymous060875
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I would also like to hear from any current Stevo students. My daughter is struggling to make up her mind, especially as she can’t visit!
pon1de2replay3
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
not gonna lie i went to look on the open day, although it has a rep of not being great, i thought that the facilities were really nice and modern - big junior common room with a bar and pool tables etc as well as a huge hall. the gym wasn't great but if you were serious then you would sign up to an actual leisure centre. its a 15/20 min walk from main campus but that's doable and you're close to JoBo so there are plenty of people to meet. the guy who showed me around was really lovely and down to earth as well.
caitlinhayes
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by FreyaK123)
Hi how have you found Stephenson College having been there for a year?
(Original post by Anonymous060875)
I would also like to hear from any current Stevo students. My daughter is struggling to make up her mind, especially as she can’t visit!
I personally didn't end up firming or insuring Durham after visiting going on an offer holder day as I didn't find it the right fit for me. However, I did go to the Stephenson during the offer holder day and on the day and was really impressed. The college has a very nice homely feel to it, and it's clear there's a nice, welcoming community to it. The only issue is that it's a bit of walk from the city centre but that just depends on preference x

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help aha
FreyaK123
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by caitlinhayes)
I personally didn't end up firming or insuring Durham after visiting going on an offer holder day as I didn't find it the right fit for me. However, I did go to the Stephenson during the offer holder day and on the day and was really impressed. The college has a very nice homely feel to it, and it's clear there's a nice, welcoming community to it. The only issue is that it's a bit of walk from the city centre but that just depends on preference x

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help aha
Hi thank you for this. Do you think the college affected your choice at all or was it just the uni itself?

Also is there anything else you can tell me / have photos of the college from your visit? I haven't been able to find a huge amount online and would appreciate knowing a bit more about it!
Anonymous060875
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FreyaK123)
Hi thank you for this. Do you think the college affected your choice at all or was it just the uni itself?

Also is there anything else you can tell me / have photos of the college from your visit? I haven't been able to find a huge amount online and would appreciate knowing a bit more about it!
There is also now a Stephenson Thread for 2020 starters - Durham University Stephenson College Offer Holders 2020
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
29.79%
Take a gap year (12)
25.53%
Resit my exams (8)
17.02%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
12.77%
I don't know yet (4)
8.51%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.38%

Watched Threads