The Student Room Group

Shopping for Uni

Okay, so.. I want to look online for some stuff I will need for Uni. I like to prepare and so on and quite frankly, I love home design so.. can anyone suggest any online shops for bedding, room décor, kitchen things.. just basically a home shop. I have found a duvet in Dunelm but I just want too see my options for bedding and so on. Also, posters are very important so if anyone has any suggestions it would be amazing.

How my room looks is very important to me so that is why I am pre planning a few things.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T.m.c
Okay, so.. I want to look online for some stuff I will need for Uni. I like to prepare and so on and quite frankly, I love home design so.. can anyone suggest any online shops for bedding, room décor, kitchen things.. just basically a home shop. I have found a duvet in Dunelm but I just want too see my options for bedding and so on. Also, posters are very important so if anyone has any suggestions it would be amazing.

How my room looks is very important to me so that is why I am pre planning a few things.

Lots of people get their student stuff from Ikea since its cheap and they have some nice stuff
Original post by T.m.c

I would wait as there are often great 'bundle' offers in August. Do you know exactly which uni and hall you will be in? Different unis provide different things ...
Reply 3
Original post by harrysbar
Lots of people get their student stuff from Ikea since its cheap and they have some nice stuff

True, do you know of any others? I just want too try see as many options as possible :smile:
Original post by T.m.c
True, do you know of any others? I just want too try see as many options as possible :smile:

Tescos? Next? But I still recommed Ikea as they will have a wider range of stuff
What do your halls already provide, first off?
Reply 6
Yep, I have looked into the dorms and what they will give us and that is cool, I didn't know that about the bundle deals
Original post by Muttley79
I would wait as there are often great 'bundle' offers in August. Do you know exactly which uni and hall you will be in? Different unis provide different things ...
Reply 7
Hardly anything, obviously the basics like a bed and a desk, other than that.. I believe only a waste bin.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
What do your halls already provide, first off?
Reply 8
Okay, thank you so much! It is so easy to just forget about places
Tescos? Next? But I still recommed Ikea as they will have a wider range of stuff
Original post by T.m.c

Have you got an unconditional place then? Good cooking stuff at ASDA and cheap bed linen - I would avoid IKEA as everyone goes there! IKEA crockery isn't robust.
Have you got an unconditional place then? Good cooking stuff at ASDA and cheap bed linen - I would avoid IKEA as everyone goes there! IKEA crockery isn't robust.

Avoid IKEA, that is sacrilege!

(I must admit their famous meatballs are nasty tho)
Reply 11
I think Ikea would be okay for basics but I wanted some original pieces, say my cutlery as if any goes missing.. I will know who took it as it would be unique or a bit different than just the basic ikea ones. Ikea I will get basics from and maybe fake plants but okay, I will check Asda out for sure. I have a conditional but I have met all of the requirements already.

Overpriced and many people don't live near one. If your stuff is identical to everyone else's then you need to put identification marks on it or it vanishes
Original post by T.m.c
I think Ikea would be okay for basics but I wanted some original pieces, say my cutlery as if any goes missing.. I will know who took it as it would be unique or a bit different than just the basic ikea ones. Ikea I will get basics from and maybe fake plants but okay, I will check Asda out for sure. I have a conditional but I have met all of the requirements already.

For something a bit different...habitat?
Reply 14
This is interesting that so many people are saying to avoid it, I think for basics maybe it is okay but I haven't been in a couple years so has it gone down hill???

Reply 15
Also, I have never had the meatballs. I have had the hotdogs though which aren't bad.
Reply 16
For something a bit different...habitat?

Oooooh, I haven't had a look there before. Thanks.
Original post by T.m.c
Also, I have never had the meatballs. I have had the hotdogs though which aren't bad.

I stand by my vote for Ikea, I wouldn't say it's gone downhill and the cafe is probably fine if you stick with the hotdogs :wink:
For crockery, get a set that has like 4 of each, take 2 of each with you to uni and leave the rest at home, then you'll have spares when some of your stuff inevitably gets broken, lost, etc
Reply 19
I think for sure, I won't cancel them out. Maybe for the things I want to have a tad different than other then maybe I wont get them there. For basics though if they are cheaper then I can't really go wrong. Also.. exactly, the hotdogs are worth it after going through the maze
I stand by my vote for Ikea, I wouldn't say it's gone downhill and the cafe is probably fine if you stick with the hotdogs :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending