MikeOnABike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So French Speaking GCSE's are starting for us in a month and after having the most recent mock, I found that I am utterly hopeless at it. Is there any suitable advice which people have in order to spend a month studying in French Speaking or generally in a speaking exam?
Bluepanda1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
For the general conversation try to memorise some phrases which you can use across pretty much all topics such as 'I thought that it was amazing because I really enjoy __ '
If your doing AQA then try to do as much roleplay and photocard practise as you can.
Vocabulary is really important so maybe use quizlet to learn as many words as you can because if a word comes up in the roleplay/photocard/ general convo that you don't understand then you can't really talk about it so you will lose lots of marks.
MikeOnABike
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bluepanda1234)
For the general conversation try to memorise some phrases which you can use across pretty much all topics such as 'I thought that it was amazing because I really enjoy __ '
If your doing AQA then try to do as much roleplay and photocard practise as you can.
Vocabulary is really important so maybe use quizlet to learn as many words as you can because if a word comes up in the roleplay/photocard/ general convo that you don't understand then you can't really talk about it so you will lose lots of marks.
Ok, thank you very much for the help.
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I have my speaking in May, and that's making me nervous too. I'd recommend listening to native French speakers and see how they pronounce words. Also, try to make sure you're fluent (no long pauses between each sentence) in your speaking exam. If you don't understand your teacher (or whoever is doing the speaking exam with you), you could ask "Vous pouvez parler plus lentement?" (Can you speak more slowly?) or something like that.
MikeOnABike
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anthos)
I have my speaking in May, and that's making me nervous too. I'd recommend listening to native French speakers and see how they pronounce words. Also, try to make sure you're fluent (no long pauses between each sentence) in your speaking exam. If you don't understand your teacher (or whoever is doing the speaking exam with you), you could ask "Vous pouvez parler plus lentement?" (Can you speak more slowly?) or something like that.
I have tried asking for them to repeat it, but I didn't think about asking for them to repeat more slowly. It is a shame because I do know native speakers, but I just don't get time to meet them any more with all the work in other GCSEs.
rojomed
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Are you French?
Bluepanda1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by rojomed)
Are you French?
No, I'm not. Howcome?
rojomed
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
No, I'm not. Howcome?
Nah just I'm case to practice French
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (151)
53.93%
18-20 years old (no) (34)
12.14%
20-25 years old (yes) (43)
15.36%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.43%
25-30 years old (yes) (19)
6.79%