The Student Room Group

French GCSE Speaking

So French Speaking GCSE's are starting for us in a month and after having the most recent mock, I found that I am utterly hopeless at it. Is there any suitable advice which people have in order to spend a month studying in French Speaking or generally in a speaking exam?
For the general conversation try to memorise some phrases which you can use across pretty much all topics such as 'I thought that it was amazing because I really enjoy __ '
If your doing AQA then try to do as much roleplay and photocard practise as you can.
Vocabulary is really important so maybe use quizlet to learn as many words as you can because if a word comes up in the roleplay/photocard/ general convo that you don't understand then you can't really talk about it so you will lose lots of marks.
Original post by Bluepanda1234
For the general conversation try to memorise some phrases which you can use across pretty much all topics such as 'I thought that it was amazing because I really enjoy __ '
If your doing AQA then try to do as much roleplay and photocard practise as you can.
Vocabulary is really important so maybe use quizlet to learn as many words as you can because if a word comes up in the roleplay/photocard/ general convo that you don't understand then you can't really talk about it so you will lose lots of marks.

Ok, thank you very much for the help.
Reply 3
I have my speaking in May, and that's making me nervous too. I'd recommend listening to native French speakers and see how they pronounce words. Also, try to make sure you're fluent (no long pauses between each sentence) in your speaking exam. If you don't understand your teacher (or whoever is doing the speaking exam with you), you could ask "Vous pouvez parler plus lentement?" (Can you speak more slowly?) or something like that.
Original post by Anthos
I have my speaking in May, and that's making me nervous too. I'd recommend listening to native French speakers and see how they pronounce words. Also, try to make sure you're fluent (no long pauses between each sentence) in your speaking exam. If you don't understand your teacher (or whoever is doing the speaking exam with you), you could ask "Vous pouvez parler plus lentement?" (Can you speak more slowly?) or something like that.

I have tried asking for them to repeat it, but I didn't think about asking for them to repeat more slowly. It is a shame because I do know native speakers, but I just don't get time to meet them any more with all the work in other GCSEs.
Reply 5

Are you French?
Original post by rojomed
Are you French?

No, I'm not. Howcome?
Reply 7
No, I'm not. Howcome?

Nah just I'm case to practice French

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending