is captain marvel a good film

Watch this thread
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
if not which film do you recommend watching as a social gathering with my friends.

age range 17-18
both genders
Last edited by tesconyc; 3 years ago
lumlum
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
it’s a 6/10 for me but it’s a must watch if you’re a marvel fan lol (avengers soon!!!)
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Will watch this film in the cinema today, so I can't judge it yet, but will do the days after. Coming back here then!
Kraggor
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tesconyc)
if not which film do you recommend watching as a social gathering with my friends.

age range 17-18
both genders
If you like Marvel = Go watch it
If you like female empowerment = Go watch it
If you like cats = Go watch it
If you want to feel emotions = Go watch it
Any other question = Go watch it

P.S. Tbh doesn't matter to my local friend group how rated a film is, we use to have a film night we would actually pick a mixture of films from good to bad and sometimes even watch the worse rated because it was funny :P
username612415
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
In the grand scheme of the MCU it's pretty middle of the road, it's a fun superhero movie but it's nothing groundbreaking and very predictable. Nobody's going to hate it but it won't change anybody's life either, the most important reason to watch it is to be fully caught up for Endgame.
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
So after be back from the cinema here is my opinion to Captain Marvel:

It has the typical Mavel elements, funny moments, witty dialogues and a lot of action with special effects, nothing what other marvel films have too. But I expected this sheme to be entertaining as usual. And it was. And just to contradict a bit, it was not so predictable as he said. I was wrong with the good and bad guys in this film. :rolleyes: And of course a marvel film is not an chaning life feeling, but entertainment and that is the main point.
username612415
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
So after be back from the cinema here is my opinion to Captain Marvel:

It has the typical Mavel elements, funny moments, witty dialogues and a lot of action with special effects, nothing what other marvel films have too. But I expected this sheme to be entertaining as usual. And it was. And just to contradict Gofre a bit, it was not so predictable as he said. I was wrong with the good and bad guys in this film. :rolleyes: And of course a marvel film is not an chaning life feeling, but entertainment and that is the main point.
Spoiler:
Show
The second I saw Jude Law in the trailer I said to myself "yep, he's probably the real baddie", and within the first 15 minutes of the movie I was ready to bet money on it. The caring mentor to the vulnerable hero turning out to be the true enemy is such an overdone trope. I must admit I did not see them taking such a sympathetic path with the Skrull though, never mind so comedic.
mj2017
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I wasn't able to watch this in theaters, will just stream it.
Corey359
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
If a fan of Marvel is required to view to know the storyline
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
i really enjoyed it:yep:
username2657095
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I really liked it tbh! It’s not the best marvel film imo but it was a good watch and it’s nice to see how it ties into the whole marvel universe. It definitely provides you with more context and sets things up nicely for endgame.
SpacePatroFan189
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I absolutely loved it.
Sinnoh
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Friend of mine described it as "Black Panther but for women".
I thought it was alright, it had its moments but I didn't think it was anything exceptional and of course,

Spoiler:
Show

finding out how Fury lost his eye
StudentDalek
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tesconyc)

Age range 17-18
both genders
Yes I found it satisfactory! especially liked goose the cat! although next time hollywood should make captain dalek
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
i really enjoyed it:yep:
You are not the only one, I enjoyed too. Marvel films are a guaranty for good action films, despite of the fact it is almost the same pattern.
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
You are not the only one, I enjoyed too. Marvel films are a guaranty for good action films, despite of the fact it is almost the same pattern.
basically:lol: i found brie larson's character really likeable too!
jacksonsmith1
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Yes
MrTomBrady
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Really bad 3/10
jacksonsmith1
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Its good
kaizagill
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I loved it a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.86%
The paper was reasonable (191)
48.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (99)
25.32%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
9.97%

Watched Threads