AbbieL07
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi SFE,I currently study BSc Biomedical Sciences at Newcastle Uni. Therefore, I will have used up all my tuition fee entitlement for a secondary degree in dentistry. I am wanting to stay at Newcastle Uni for dentistry, but I am also considering Manchester (5 years), and both KCL and Aberdeen Uni for graduate entry 4 year dentistry. I believe that for the graduate 4 year courses, most of the tuition fee is paid for, and maintenance loan is available? I am just wondering what other funding is available to me i.e. to afford living in London or to afford £9,250 per year and living costs if I were to move to Manchester for example. I do not qualify for my parents earning less than a certain living wage. Thank you!
SFE Andrew
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi Abbie,

Graduate entry dentistry courses are exception courses which means you can still get funding even if it is your second degree. For a 4 year course, in year 1 you would self fund £3465 of your tuition fees and can request a Tuition Fee Loan for £5,785. In years 2-4 the Department of health will pay the first £3,715 fees and you can take a Tuition Fee Loan for the remainder up to £5,535.
Hope this helps, let us know if there is anything we can clarify.

Thanks, Andy
(Original post by AbbieL07)
Hi SFE,I currently study BSc Biomedical Sciences at Newcastle Uni. Therefore, I will have used up all my tuition fee entitlement for a secondary degree in dentistry. I am wanting to stay at Newcastle Uni for dentistry, but I am also considering Manchester (5 years), and both KCL and Aberdeen Uni for graduate entry 4 year dentistry. I believe that for the graduate 4 year courses, most of the tuition fee is paid for, and maintenance loan is available? I am just wondering what other funding is available to me i.e. to afford living in London or to afford £9,250 per year and living costs if I were to move to Manchester for example. I do not qualify for my parents earning less than a certain living wage. Thank you!
AbbieL07
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi Andy,That’s very helpful, thank you! If I was to attend Newcastle for example, which is a 5 year undergraduate dentistry course, what funding would I be eligable for? Also, for the graduate courses, would I be eligible for maintance loan or any other alternative to pay living costs?Thank you, Abbie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate