The Student Room Group

Edexcel History GCSE

I’m struggling with the structure of History explain and narrative analysis questions. Any advice on structuring History gcse essays or exemplars?

I’m doing: American West, Anglo Saxon England, Weimar and Nazi Germany and Medicine
Remember key dates, go in chronological order and fill the entire time period for the narrative question. It can be a kind of story; you just need chronolinks like 'this lead to...'
Original post by epicnm
I’m struggling with the structure of History explain and narrative analysis questions. Any advice on structuring History gcse essays or exemplars?

I’m doing: American West, Anglo Saxon England, Weimar and Nazi Germany and Medicine
Reply 2
Thanks, and in terms of structure of the paragraph, should I follow a PEEL or use a different layout? Thanks
Original post by qqalicia07
Remember key dates, go in chronological order and fill the entire time period for the narrative question. It can be a kind of story; you just need chronolinks like 'this lead to...'
My teacher told me that it doesn’t really matter. There’s no need for distinctive paragraphs and the events just need to link. There are marks for evidence and you need about 4-5 key events. If you use PEEL for all of them, it may take too long. Keep it brief but precise.
Hey! I'm struggling with Medicine through time especially. How are you guys going to revise for it?
I'm studying:
- Cold War
- Weimar Germany
- Medicine Through Time
- Anglo- Saxon England

Quick Reply

Latest