jduxie4414
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, so I've got a Drama practical exam next week (Performing from a text). I am a high ability design candidate and the of the two actors in my group, one is high ability and the other is of relatively low ability.
Me and the "better" actor have put in as much effort as possible, whereas the other one doesn't even show up to rehearsals. They have an illness (but they are only not attending because they aren't bothered) so they will get special consideration anyway.
I and the other actor are worried that our grades are going to suffer because of his lack of effort - what do we do? The teachers are aware and are emailing the exam board, but they don't think anything can happen now.
Expanda_302
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im sure there is no need for the worry because the examiners will be aware that one of ur group members were ill enough to get “ special consideration “. Just keep doing ur best x and gd luck
jduxie4414
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Expanda_302)
Im sure there is no need for the worry because the examiners will be aware that one of ur group members were ill enough to get “ special consideration “. Just keep doing ur best x and gd luck
Thank you! It’s just because he’s putting in no effort and he gets more marks, whereas as we are “high ability” I feel that we’re gonna get low marks because he’s put no effort in, and we won’t get any consideration yk? x
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you are a designer, then this other person's abilities will not affect your individual mark, or the other 'better' actor's mark. If you are designing, what you are assessed on is your own work and its enhancement of the performance. The other 'better' actor must ensure that they have good onstage rapport with the person who you say hasn't been turning up, but other than that, their mark won't be affected either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed