Chara21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hey Guys, I’m getting my bachelors degree this year in English language and literature and I really want to do my Ma in Translation & Interpretation.
Bath offers a course that combines both (translation & interpretation) and Edinburgh has a Ma in Translation. I personally believe that Edinburgh is better overall but the degree does not include interpretation.
Which are the best universities in the U.K for translation? And since I do not live in the U.K is Bath considered a very good and prestigious uni?

I don’t care about nightlife or cost of living eg. My main concern is the quality of the university
Last edited by Chara21; 11 months ago
umbrellala
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Chara21)
Hey Guys, I’m getting my bachelors degree this year in English language and literature and I really want to do my Ma in Translation & Interpretation.
Bath offers a course that combines both (translation & interpretation) and Edinburgh has a Ma in Translation. I personally believe that Edinburgh is better overall but the degree does not include interpretation.
Which are the best universities in the U.K for translation? And since I do not live in the U.K is Bath considered a very good and prestigious uni?

I don’t care about nightlife or cost of living eg. My main concern is the quality of the university
If you're only concerned about quality then surely league tables are the best place to look? But I think it really depends which language you're looking at. Unis for European languages will be very different to Asian languages and African languages.
University of East Anglia PG Student Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Chara21)

Hi Chara21,

Have you considered UEA’s MA in Literary Translation? UEA is home to the British Centre for Literary Translation and offers a world-renowned MA programme in the translation of literary texts. If you haven’t thought about it, check out the course page here:

https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/postgra...ry-translation

We also offer an MA in Applied Translation Studies, which you can check out here:

https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/postgra...lation-studies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills ā€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (96)
59.63%
Yes- I don't like it (9)
5.59%
No- I want it (46)
28.57%
No- I don't want it (10)