The Student Room Group

Prefect letter

Hi, this is my prefect application and I'd appreciate it if I could get some feedback on it thanks

Dear name

I am interested in applying for the role of executive prefect. The reason why I’m interested in this position is because I feel that this would be a very rewarding experience as I’d like to improve my communication and leadership skills, something which I think would be invaluable in the pursuit of my career in law.

A key skill which I can bring to this role is my organisational and time management skills. Even with absences due to illness or academic programmes, I am able to catch up on lost time and work whilst leaving time to do other tasks, such as my Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award I’m currently doing. As I have to work on it consistently to build up my skills, I have to structure any other activities I want to do around it and as such have built up organisational skills from this, as at home I like to try and do wider reading and catch up on any work I have missed out on during the week, and would also be able to make time for the role of executive prefect.

This also reveals my dedication, as I am willing to go out of my comfort zone to achieve my goals such as taking part in the Duke of Edinburgh programme, that will eventually require teamwork and through my recent decision to volunteer at the British Heart Foundation to improve my communication and teamwork.

In addition, my volunteering to mentor a student in English helped with my communication and compassion, as it helped me understand that learning does not come so easily to everyone and there are barriers to them learning, something which may be the case during the role of executive prefect. I can bring this hard work into being an executive prefect as it would be a valuable experience that would build my character.

My determination, organisational and time management skills make me an ideal candidate for executive prefect, and I believe I am prepared to take on the extra responsibility.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
name

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending