Waiting Child Nursing Decision Watch

Kelseyxxx2000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm really worried now as I had an interview early Dec and have not heard anything and I've seen some people are getting offers. Edge Hill is my only choice Do you think I should call admissions I'm really worried
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yes, call them and ask them to check that they havent sent an email to you, which went missing, lost in Spam folder, wrongly addressed etc.

( I had one PC where I emailed a friend , and a nice lady in San Francisco replied instead, she had an email address one character different from my friend and we worked out eventually that my computer had "autocorrected" my real spelling, to this lady's more commonly spelled name. I could type it in, and 1 second later PC changed it! Kelsey, Lelsey, Kelsie, Kelsi ? ) If this nice american hadn't replied I would have missed lots of stuff.

It's very unlikely tho' and explain to them that you know that they are very busy doing the offers and preparation for 2019 term, but you'd like to book the on campus accomodation, or buy a house near the university etc etc
Edge Hill University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Kelseyxxx2000)
I'm really worried now as I had an interview early Dec and have not heard anything and I've seen some people are getting offers. Edge Hill is my only choice Do you think I should call admissions I'm really worried
Hi Kelsey,

Have you applied for April 2019 or September 2019 start? If it's the former, I would recommend getting in touch with our Admissions team (01695 650 950 or [email protected]) soon.

If it's the latter, I would wait until a little later in the month before contacting Admissions. We receive a lot of applications for our Nursing courses, so provided students apply before 15th January, we consider all applications equally. We're currently working through our applications and sending out responses, so while some people will have heard back from us, others won't.

I understand you'll be worried, and hopefully you'll get some good news back! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Alex
Kelseyxxx2000
Rep:
?
Thank you. I’ve applied for Sept 2019. Is there a deadline for when the university must inform me if I’m succesful or not.
(Original post by Edge Hill University)
Hi Kelsey,

Have you applied for April 2019 or September 2019 start? If it's the former, I would recommend getting in touch with our Admissions team (01695 650 950 or [email protected]) soon.

If it's the latter, I would wait until a little later in the month before contacting Admissions. We receive a lot of applications for our Nursing courses, so provided students apply before 15th January, we consider all applications equally. We're currently working through our applications and sending out responses, so while some people will have heard back from us, others won't.

I understand you'll be worried, and hopefully you'll get some good news back! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Alex
Edge Hill University
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thank you. I’ve applied for Sept 2019. Is there a deadline for when the university must inform me if I’m succesful or not.
Hi Kelsey,

If you've applied by 15th January, we'll need to make our decision by 2nd May. A lot of the time, we'll let students know by the end of March, but it can take a bit longer in some cases (for example, with courses that have received a lot of applications).

Alex
Kelseyxxx2000
Rep:
?
Thank you
(Original post by Edge Hill University)
Hi Kelsey,

If you've applied by 15th January, we'll need to make our decision by 2nd May. A lot of the time, we'll let students know by the end of March, but it can take a bit longer in some cases (for example, with courses that have received a lot of applications).

Alex
Saskia616
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi Kelsey,

I had my interview in January and only got the email yesterday from Edge Hill. I applied for the September 2019 intake but have been offered a secure place for January 2020 intake.

Edge Hill is my first choice so I don't mind the wait at all. I've been put on the reserve list for September 2019 incase any space becomes available.

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm sure you'll hear back soon but just be prepared that it might be an offer for the January 2020 intake.
danlaurence
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hello!

I applied for Sept 2019 and was told I had to wait until March to hear a decision and I only received the decision today. I’d suggest maybe waiting a day or two more to see if one comes through (it must take a lot of time to individually send everything to everyone!) and if nothing has come through, call or email them. Whenever I’ve needed to contact them, i’ve emailed and they reply very quickly and they’re always so helpful!

Good luck!
Kelseyxxx2000
Rep:
?
I got the email today Jan 2020 with reserve for Sep 2019. So happy
(Original post by danlaurence)
Hello!

I applied for Sept 2019 and was told I had to wait until March to hear a decision and I only received the decision today. I’d suggest maybe waiting a day or two more to see if one comes through (it must take a lot of time to individually send everything to everyone!) and if nothing has come through, call or email them. Whenever I’ve needed to contact them, i’ve emailed and they reply very quickly and they’re always so helpful!

Good luck!
Shell86
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Im still waiting, has anyone heard yet!? I know they said end of march but i didnt realise i would still be waiting in the last few days 😕
Kelseyxxx2000
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I heard back the next day got a place for Jan 2020 😀

Alex, EHU offical rep suggested waiting to end of month and then contacting addmissions. If you haven't heard give them a call

Good luck

(Original post by Shell86)
Im still waiting, has anyone heard yet!? I know they said end of march but i didnt realise i would still be waiting in the last few days 😕
Edge Hill University
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Shell86)
Hi Shell,

Have you heard back yet? Kelsey mentioned contacting Admissions if you still haven't heard - I'd recommend doing this before 5pm today. At the very least, it should help ease any fears you have. Let me know how you get on

Alex
Shell86
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I have emailed today and told its still under consideration and now have to wait until next week 😟
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Sat, 9 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.48%
Excited (156)
9.1%
Worried (306)
17.84%
Terrified (381)
22.22%
Meh (170)
9.91%
Confused (37)
2.16%