The Student Room Group

Alternatives in Msc Management to Imperial/LSE/LBS

Hi guys,

I applied to the Msc International Management in Imperial College, got an interview, the decision will be released by the 26th.
I got rejected from the LSE (Msc Strategy and Management) and I'm waiting for my applications in Msc Management at LSE and LBS.

As there is still one week left before the decision to be released, I'm trying to consider some back up plans.
I will graduate from Sciences Po (top school in France) with a First (Master's degree, 14,75/20) GMAT 660, I'm currently undertaking an apprenticeship in a big payment company, but I would like to work in the UK and therefore graduating with a UK degree would be an asset.

What do you guys think about Msc International business and emerging markets at University of Edinburgh? It is worth it? Same questions for Msc Management at King's, Strathclyde or equivalent business schools.

Thank you in advance for your answers
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by inesprs
Hi guys,

I applied to the Msc International Management in Imperial College, got an interview, the decision will be released by the 26th.
I got rejected from the LSE (Msc Strategy and Management) and I'm waiting for my applications in Msc Management at LSE and LBS.

As there is still one week left before the decision to be released, I'm trying to consider some back up plans.
I will graduate from Sciences Po (top school in France) with a First (Master's degree, 14,75/20) GMAT 660, I'm currently undertaking an apprenticeship in a big payment company, but I would like to work in the UK and therefore graduating with a UK degree would be an asset.

What do you guys think about Msc International business and emerging markets at University of Edinburgh? It is worth it? Same questions for Msc Management at King's, Strathclyde or equivalent business schools.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Moved to Finance, Economics, Business and Management (MBA & MSc) Postgraduate Study
I'd argue that after the usual suspects of Oxbridge/LBS/Imperial, the best business school in the UK is Warwick. Have you considered their programmes?
Reply 3
At first no because my boyfriend is Scottish and was not very keen on moving to Warwick but I should take a a closer look. Don't you think it is getting too late to apply now, as it is pretty competitive to get a place there? Thank you
Original post by VigilVigil
I'd argue that after the usual suspects of Oxbridge/LBS/Imperial, the best business school in the UK is Warwick. Have you considered their programmes?
If you have a strong profile, you can apply late and still get through in most cases.
Reply 5
I hope you get the offer at Imperial. If Warwick isn't an option then what about Cass?
Reply 6
Yes I started my application at Cass in case I don't get an offer from Imperial (they will release their decision tomorrow I am so stressed ahah). Thank you anyway!
Original post by V944817
I hope you get the offer at Imperial. If Warwick isn't an option then what about Cass?
Reply 7
I actually just got an offer, but thank you :biggrin: (still waiting for LBS but I'm not counting on this one ahah)
Original post by V944817
Hi, I am an MSc Management Student at Imperial College Business School and we are holding a tech conference which will discuss how technology is disrupting the following industries: Finance, Healthcare, and Cybersecurity. If you would like to get an early insight into the exciting events that the school might have please do join us in the conference where you can speak to industry experts, alumni as well as current students. Everyone is welcome to the event and food and drinks will be provided!

For more information, please visit: https://lnkd.in/dEY4QRP

To sign up for the event, please visit:
https://lnkd.in/dgXXihW
Slide1.JPG

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending