Power in Macbeth - essay structure help

Watch
heartlet
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm currently learning about Macbeth and was given the question "how is power presented in Macbeth?" to write an essay on.

I'm kind of struggling to answer it because the question is so broad and there is a strict word limit of 2000 words.

What would be the best way to structure my answer? If anyone has any relevant analysis paragraphs, those would be super helpful as well.

Thanks!
walnut777
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1) Make a solid plan: Plan how many paragraphs you want your coursework to be and what each paragraph is going to be about. For example if you have a paragraph on Macbeth, write the points and context and key quotes you want to use, and write ALL of them. Then choose which quotes are most important.
2) Your introduction and conclusion should be about the author's aims for the audience and what the author is trying to achieve, so include and briefly explain context.
3) When you write your paragraphs, don't worry about fancy words and synonyms, just ramble - if you fully know Macbeth and the quotes you are talking about, you will be able to do this. You can come out with some really good stuff. Don't worry about editing until you've finished
4) Try and use less quotes, but analyse the crap out of a quote, so choose quotes that have a lot to analyse.
5) When editing, make it as concise as possible and have a list of synonyms for suggests

You can answer the question in 2 ways: how power is presented in the characters OR how its presented in themes (eg supernatural power). or like me, you can do a mixture of both.
My plan is like this:
-Introduction
-Supernatural Power
-Power in Lady Macbeth. Lack of power in LM.
-Power in Macbeth. Lack of power in Macbeth
-Power of knowledge and awareness OR religion/righteousness
-Conclusion
walnut777
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
omg anyka i just realised that this is you lmao - i was searching for macbeth analysis and i saw this and i felt like helping and its youuuu.
(Original post by walnut777)
1) Make a solid plan: Plan how many paragraphs you want your coursework to be and what each paragraph is going to be about. For example if you have a paragraph on Macbeth, write the points and context and key quotes you want to use, and write ALL of them. Then choose which quotes are most important.
2) Your introduction and conclusion should be about the author's aims for the audience and what the author is trying to achieve, so include and briefly explain context.
3) When you write your paragraphs, don't worry about fancy words and synonyms, just ramble - if you fully know Macbeth and the quotes you are talking about, you will be able to do this. You can come out with some really good stuff. Don't worry about editing until you've finished
4) Try and use less quotes, but analyse the crap out of a quote, so choose quotes that have a lot to analyse.
5) When editing, make it as concise as possible and have a list of synonyms for suggests

You can answer the question in 2 ways: how power is presented in the characters OR how its presented in themes (eg supernatural power). or like me, you can do a mixture of both.
My plan is like this:
-Introduction
-Supernatural Power
-Power in Lady Macbeth. Lack of power in LM.
-Power in Macbeth. Lack of power in Macbeth
-Power of knowledge and awareness OR religion/righteousness
-Conclusion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (535)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (648)
41.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (318)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.58%

Watched Threads