Is my girlfriend controlling me? Sorry for the long read

Watch
Ryan191919
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’ve been with my girlfriend since July. At the start I really fell for her, but Over time she Turnt nasty. For example I went to my boss house last night because he was having a house party. I sent her a snap of me smoking and she goes where are you, who are you with, tell me now. During the night I was sending snaps into a group chat, which she is also in, of the party. I was just sending snaps of the people there and the music and the banter. In my snaps there was a few girls sitting round me. I wasn’t flirting with them, they were just at the party and just happened to be in the videos. She went mental at me. How dare you, who are them girls, are you flirting with them, why are you near them girls, etc. I said I wasn’t flirting with them, I’m just talking to them and she said you shouldn’t be talking to them, stop talking to them, what are you playing at, your flirting, I never ever wanna hear from you again. She accused me of kissing one of the girls when I didn’t, said I got one of their snapchats when I didn’t and keeps saying you were touching her, you kissed her. Every time I go out with my friends or for a night, she goes mental at me and starts accusing me of flirting with other girls (when I’m not) and blocks me for the night and sends me snaps of her saying get home right now are you flirting with girls, get home right now. She goes physco. She checks my Snapchat score al the time. If my score goes up two, she’s saying to me who are you snapping, show me, Are you snapping girls. She wants screenshots of my Snapchat all the time when my score goes up, even though I only Snapchat my friends who are guys, not girls. If the screenshot takes two minutes to send, she accuses me of deleting chats and snapping girls. Every time my score goes up, I have to show her my Snapchat all the time. Before I met her, I had a girl best friend. When I met my girlfriend, me and my girl best friend only ever talked the odd time, we just snapped each other streaks. My girlfriend made me block my girl best friend, accused me of flirting with her and said she was going to kill herself. I added a girl one time to ask her about getting me a ticket to a concert, and my girlfriend went MENTAL at me. She said your not asking her for a ticket your flirting with her, why are you even talking to her, your lying, your flirting, I’m gonna ask her, delete her and block her right now, stop talking to her right now. My girlfriend can be very nasty and starts arguments all the time. She always blames it on her bipolar and says she dosent mean to be nasty. She can be very nasty and aggressive and she loves arguing. She argues over the simplest of things.! She argues all the time and I’m always in the wrong. When I go to leave and say we’re not working, she always says to me she’s going to kill herself and that no body will ever love me as much as she did. She always says I’m never going to find someone like her, and someone who loves me like her. She says I will never cope without her. I always forgive her every time Because I love her. Any advice would be great. Thanks
DerangedDRD
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All of them are like that. No point letting her go, the next one is likely to be even worse. Why do you think domestic violence happens? Imagine enduring that for 15 years....
I envy gay guys so much... I wish that homosexuality was a choice... There wouldn't be a single straight guy on the whole planet...
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ryan191919)
I’ve been with my girlfriend since July. At the start I really fell for her, but Over time she Turnt nasty. For example I went to my boss house last night because he was having a house party. I sent her a snap of me smoking and she goes where are you, who are you with, tell me now. During the night I was sending snaps into a group chat, which she is also in, of the party. I was just sending snaps of the people there and the music and the banter. In my snaps there was a few girls sitting round me. I wasn’t flirting with them, they were just at the party and just happened to be in the videos. She went mental at me. How dare you, who are them girls, are you flirting with them, why are you near them girls, etc. I said I wasn’t flirting with them, I’m just talking to them and she said you shouldn’t be talking to them, stop talking to them, what are you playing at, your flirting, I never ever wanna hear from you again. She accused me of kissing one of the girls when I didn’t, said I got one of their snapchats when I didn’t and keeps saying you were touching her, you kissed her. Every time I go out with my friends or for a night, she goes mental at me and starts accusing me of flirting with other girls (when I’m not) and blocks me for the night and sends me snaps of her saying get home right now are you flirting with girls, get home right now. She goes physco. She checks my Snapchat score al the time. If my score goes up two, she’s saying to me who are you snapping, show me, Are you snapping girls. She wants screenshots of my Snapchat all the time when my score goes up, even though I only Snapchat my friends who are guys, not girls. If the screenshot takes two minutes to send, she accuses me of deleting chats and snapping girls. Every time my score goes up, I have to show her my Snapchat all the time. Before I met her, I had a girl best friend. When I met my girlfriend, me and my girl best friend only ever talked the odd time, we just snapped each other streaks. My girlfriend made me block my girl best friend, accused me of flirting with her and said she was going to kill herself. I added a girl one time to ask her about getting me a ticket to a concert, and my girlfriend went MENTAL at me. She said your not asking her for a ticket your flirting with her, why are you even talking to her, your lying, your flirting, I’m gonna ask her, delete her and block her right now, stop talking to her right now. My girlfriend can be very nasty and starts arguments all the time. She always blames it on her bipolar and says she dosent mean to be nasty. She can be very nasty and aggressive and she loves arguing. She argues over the simplest of things.! She argues all the time and I’m always in the wrong. When I go to leave and say we’re not working, she always says to me she’s going to kill herself and that no body will ever love me as much as she did. She always says I’m never going to find someone like her, and someone who loves me like her. She says I will never cope without her. I always forgive her every time Because I love her. Any advice would be great. Thanks
She is playing emotional blackmail with you. You love her but she does not respect you .She is insecure and tbh a control freak. You should tell her face to face that you want to stop the relationship while she sorts herself out. She knows she can disrespect you and that you will put up with it. You are not respecting your self.
DerangedDRD
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mgi)
She is playing emotional blackmail with you. You love her but she does not respect you .She is insecure and tbh a control freak. You should tell her face to face that you want to stop the relationship while she sorts herself out. She knows she can disrespect you and that you will put up with it. You are not respecting your self.
You've described about 85% of women... Looking for one that is not like that is like looking for a new house because the previous one has gravity. Insanity is not really an optional feature.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
This sounds really, really unhealthy! Run- fast!

She sounds controlling, manipulative and emotionally abusive. This will damage you in the long run. My ex-boyfriend was similar. He was incredibly jealous and threatened to kill himself if I ever left him. The best thing I ever did was leave him- he didn't kill himself.

That line is used to blackmail you- please don't believe it. There are plenty of nice girls in the world.
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Obviously controlling. Do it back to her, with guys see how she reacts. Seems very unstable tbh. Hide the knives mate
studytheblurb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
WHY ARE YOU STILL WITH HER omg. She sounds so nasty. This is so emotionally terrible for you
jonathanjames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What do you love about this sick personality?
username2393237
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don’t think it’s going to get any better. The next step is probably violence and you should leave before that happens.
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Watch BBC iPlayer doc, about my girlfriend
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jesus. That sounds awful. Get out.
cherlloydfan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No she just worries about u and cares about u a lot. You should delete snap chat if I were u and not be going to parties and out with ur friends if she doesn't like it
bored1802
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Please , please ,please leave. There is no point, there is no trust in this relationship so it'll crumble down either way, you have a life you know. I'm a girl and all i see is pettiness, insecurity and control. So just leave ,you'd rather be alone and live your life then be with someone who doesn't let you breathe. I'm sure the right one will be there for you when you least expect it.
kri123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Think you should stop tlaking to her, i can relate or just try and talk about the situation

XO For Life
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ryan191919)
i’ve been with my girlfriend since july. At the start i really fell for her, but over time she turnt nasty. For example i went to my boss house last night because he was having a house party. I sent her a snap of me smoking and she goes where are you, who are you with, tell me now. During the night i was sending snaps into a group chat, which she is also in, of the party. I was just sending snaps of the people there and the music and the banter. In my snaps there was a few girls sitting round me. I wasn’t flirting with them, they were just at the party and just happened to be in the videos. She went mental at me. How dare you, who are them girls, are you flirting with them, why are you near them girls, etc. I said i wasn’t flirting with them, i’m just talking to them and she said you shouldn’t be talking to them, stop talking to them, what are you playing at, your flirting, i never ever wanna hear from you again. She accused me of kissing one of the girls when i didn’t, said i got one of their snapchats when i didn’t and keeps saying you were touching her, you kissed her. Every time i go out with my friends or for a night, she goes mental at me and starts accusing me of flirting with other girls (when i’m not) and blocks me for the night and sends me snaps of her saying get home right now are you flirting with girls, get home right now. She goes physco. She checks my snapchat score al the time. If my score goes up two, she’s saying to me who are you snapping, show me, are you snapping girls. She wants screenshots of my snapchat all the time when my score goes up, even though i only snapchat my friends who are guys, not girls. If the screenshot takes two minutes to send, she accuses me of deleting chats and snapping girls. Every time my score goes up, i have to show her my snapchat all the time. Before i met her, i had a girl best friend. When i met my girlfriend, me and my girl best friend only ever talked the odd time, we just snapped each other streaks. My girlfriend made me block my girl best friend, accused me of flirting with her and said she was going to kill herself. I added a girl one time to ask her about getting me a ticket to a concert, and my girlfriend went mental at me. She said your not asking her for a ticket your flirting with her, why are you even talking to her, your lying, your flirting, i’m gonna ask her, delete her and block her right now, stop talking to her right now. My girlfriend can be very nasty and starts arguments all the time. She always blames it on her bipolar and says she dosent mean to be nasty. She can be very nasty and aggressive and she loves arguing. She argues over the simplest of things.! She argues all the time and i’m always in the wrong. When i go to leave and say we’re not working, she always says to me she’s going to kill herself and that no body will ever love me as much as she did. She always says i’m never going to find someone like her, and someone who loves me like her. She says i will never cope without her. I always forgive her every time because i love her. Any advice would be great. Thanks
Dump the pscho b*tch`s ass and run!!! That is code red! I repeat! This is code red!!!!
Last edited by XO For Life; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed