The Student Room Group

maths mock marks

I had my maths mock last week and I have one this week.I got a high 6 on paper 1 , I was 3 marks off a 7.I got my mark for my paper 2 and I got a high 6 again, I was 4 marks off a 7. I really want at least a 7 in my actual GCSE. My teacher told us that the grade we get in these mocks are probably what we're going to get in the real thing.What grade will I probably need in paper 3 for my overall grade to be a level 7?
Original post by helpme111
I had my maths mock last week and I have one this week.I got a high 6 on paper 1 , I was 3 marks off a 7.I got my mark for my paper 2 and I got a high 6 again, I was 4 marks off a 7. I really want at least a 7 in my actual GCSE. My teacher told us that the grade we get in these mocks are probably what we're going to get in the real thing.What grade will I probably need in paper 3 for my overall grade to be a level 7?

an 8. since they calculate an average of all exams. btw do u remmebr any questions? could u pls tell me any questions u remember
Reply 2
Original post by x.nesu
an 8. since they calculate an average of all exams. btw do u remmebr any questions? could u pls tell me any questions u remember

If you are doing this because you have a mock - don't.

There is literally no point.
They mean nothing, and you'll only be hurting yourself.
You can't cheat in the real thing, so don't do it now.

If not - ignore everything I just said
Original post by eMdnE
If you are doing this because you have a mock - don't.

There is literally no point.
They mean nothing, and you'll only be hurting yourself.
You can't cheat in the real thing, so don't do it now.

If not - ignore everything I just said

im in yr 9 n my mocks r next yr so ill probably be using the 2019 exams? i just wanted to revise from it. cause my target grade is an 8 i really want to make sure i acc hit it. pls if u could consider telling me any questions u remember, n if not. its allright . ty
Reply 4
Original post by x.nesu
im in yr 9 n my mocks r next yr so ill probably be using the 2019 exams? i just wanted to revise from it. cause my target grade is an 8 i really want to make sure i acc hit it. pls if u could consider telling me any questions u remember, n if not. its allright . ty

If you want revision questions then don't get them from locked papers that students are not meant to access yet, get them from revision websites ie physics and maths tutor or Dr Frost maths.
Original post by eMdnE
If you want revision questions then don't get them from locked papers that students are not meant to access yet, get them from revision websites ie physics and maths tutor or Dr Frost maths.

i already use them . but the thing is this yrs papers will help me prepare for next yrs.. ygm?
Reply 6
Original post by x.nesu

Sorry I don't really remember any questions but a lot of the questions that come up are mainly ratio and problem solving for all 3 of the papers.
Reply 7
What exam board do you use?

Original post by x.nesu
i already use them . but the thing is this yrs papers will help me prepare for next yrs.. ygm?
Original post by ElGriffo
What exam board do you use?

edexcel.
Reply 9
oh nah the only thing I do that is edexcel is computer science

Original post by x.nesu
edexcel.

Quick Reply

Latest