The Student Room Group

Updated conditional offer with no conditions?

Hi everyone, i've received a biomedical engineering offer from imperial college back in late Jan, then i posted my A level results which are completed ( i did my A levels in Novem/Dec as i live in the Southern Atmosphere), 2 weeks later they updated me on my Imperial Gateway and Ucas, giving me a brand new offer, however , on UCAS, the offer stated :'Conditions of offer

This offer is subject to you obtaining', which contained no conditions for the offer.
So then i logged onto my gateway, which I saw that most of my conditions are satisfied beside a few things:

'OF, OWN-03,OWN-47+K', these haven't been 'Received' , all other conditions have been 'Satisfied'.

'OF' is: This offer is subject to your obtainingThis institution regards you as overseas for fees purposes and their offer has been made on this basis

Own-03 is :This offer is subject to your obtainingThese conditions must be met by 19th August 2019.

Own-47+k is : This offer is subject to your obtainingIf you accept your offer of admission you will enter into a contract with the College. Our terms and conditions can be accessed at: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/students/terms-and-conditions/

Has anyone ever been in, or is in the same situation? I'm very scared why this is and i've asked the department-related admission team, which they said they have referred my email to central registrary but they also said it is possible that they are so busy i have to wait for weeks to come. What should i do ?

Sorry for such a long message and thanks for listening guys :biggrin:
Original post by SeanlvsGloria
Hi everyone, i've received a biomedical engineering offer from imperial college back in late Jan, then i posted my A level results which are completed ( i did my A levels in Novem/Dec as i live in the Southern Atmosphere), 2 weeks later they updated me on my Imperial Gateway and Ucas, giving me a brand new offer, however , on UCAS, the offer stated :'Conditions of offer

This offer is subject to you obtaining', which contained no conditions for the offer.
So then i logged onto my gateway, which I saw that most of my conditions are satisfied beside a few things:

'OF, OWN-03,OWN-47+K', these haven't been 'Received' , all other conditions have been 'Satisfied'.

'OF' is: This offer is subject to your obtainingThis institution regards you as overseas for fees purposes and their offer has been made on this basis

Own-03 is :This offer is subject to your obtainingThese conditions must be met by 19th August 2019.

Own-47+k is : This offer is subject to your obtainingIf you accept your offer of admission you will enter into a contract with the College. Our terms and conditions can be accessed at: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/students/terms-and-conditions/

Has anyone ever been in, or is in the same situation? I'm very scared why this is and i've asked the department-related admission team, which they said they have referred my email to central registrary but they also said it is possible that they are so busy i have to wait for weeks to come. What should i do ?

Sorry for such a long message and thanks for listening guys :biggrin:

Odd. If you've achieved your A-level results only, it should be a straight up unconditional offer. I have a feeling everything is fine, but you ideally want some clarification.

Call them - don't e-mail. Note down the name(s) of the people you speak with plus their job title.
Thanks a lot for your reply! Yeh that sounds like a brilliant idea, so you Would recommend me to call up their central registry directly then record the person which i will be speaking with? I was too scared if that was rude since its Kind of like im being impatient and rushing them to figure out my offer. What do you reckon?
Reply 3
Ringing the Admissions department is probably your best bet, they won't view it as rude at all, it's their job :smile:.
Original post by Molseh
Ringing the Admissions department is probably your best bet, they won't view it as rude at all, it's their job :smile:.

Yes. A phone call to find out what's what but then follow-up with an email to confirm. Ensure that the email contains a question that needs a response to ensure you get a reply.

When you make a phone call like this you should make a 'proper' note. Record: day, date, time, the number called, subject (re xyz), spoke to, tfr to. Make notes of what was said and agreed. Finish by 'noting' what they are going to do and similarly what you are going/have agreed to do.

Bon Chance
Great, thanks a lot sir!
Original post by Molseh
Great! Will do that as soon as possible and thanks for your tips sir!
Original post by Grizwuld
Yes. A phone call to find out what's what but then follow-up with an email to confirm. Ensure that the email contains a question that needs a response to ensure you get a reply.

When you make a phone call like this you should make a 'proper' note. Record: day, date, time, the number called, subject (re xyz), spoke to, tfr to. Make notes of what was said and agreed. Finish by 'noting' what they are going to do and similarly what you are going/have agreed to do.

Bon Chance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending