I don't understand how i will use my back up for medicine or with taking a gap yeare. Watch

yusuf67
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So i've applied for medicine and have heard back from all my univeristy choices but got rejected by all of them except my back up. i have a conditional offer of ABB at St Georges and an unconditional offer at Anglia Ruskin for biomedical science. If i wanted to take a gap year and reapply again for medicine, do i confirm my firm and insurance choices or do i reject the offers for biomedical science? If i am going to make my firm and insurance choices, would i be able to reject them and take a gap year if i am happy with my grades to apply again.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you know you will definitely take a gap year then I would reject them. If not, then I would firm and insure one of them (how do you have two offers, did you not apply to 4 med schools??) and you can always withdraw on the day results come out
yusuf67
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Thank you. Oh so you can withdraw on the day of results day. How would I withdraw?

I have 2 offers for biomedical science because one of the unis that I applied for medicine offered me an unconditional offer for biomedical science after they rejected me. The other offer was from my original 5th choice.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
If you know you will definitely take a gap year then I would reject them. If not, then I would firm and insure one of them (how do you have two offers, did you not apply to 4 med schools??) and you can always withdraw on the day results come out
Universities sometimes offer med applicants other subjects. I got 11 offers from Nottingham for 11 different science subjects when I was rejected from there :laugh:
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by yusuf67)
Thank you. Oh so you can withdraw on the day of results day. How would I withdraw?

I have 2 offers for biomedical science because one of the unis that I applied for medicine offered me an unconditional offer for biomedical science after they rejected me. The other offer was from my original 5th choice.
Pretty sure you just reject your offer or something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%