Best Friend Issues

Watch this thread
Heather_is_peng
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I found a rlly nice bestf, lets call her Julia (fake name). Literally the bestest friend I’ve ever had. But hey, now we’re going to secondary school. Me and Julia were VERY different but still got on swell. She found the this girl called Stacy (fake name) and slowly but surely... I was replaced. Julia still talked to me but I felt so angry and sad whenever I saw their selfies or tik toks (haha I know it’s a cringey app). I just felt replaced. And I’ve gotten into my fare share of fights with Julia and I didn’t want it to happen again. I was worried if I confronted her that we’d loos our friendship completely. I still cry myself to sleep and grit my teeth and feel like I want to jump out a window and cry my eyes out when I see them having so much fun. Please, please help me. I know people move on ans find knew friends but I just can’t get over it. It’s been half a school year I’m still upset. Please help me guys, I can’t keep being sad all the time 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Isa_bel
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Heather_is_peng)
So I found a rlly nice bestf, lets call her Julia (fake name). Literally the bestest friend I’ve ever had. But hey, now we’re going to secondary school. Me and Julia were VERY different but still got on swell. She found the this girl called Stacy (fake name) and slowly but surely... I was replaced. Julia still talked to me but I felt so angry and sad whenever I saw their selfies or tik toks (haha I know it’s a cringey app). I just felt replaced. And I’ve gotten into my fare share of fights with Julia and I didn’t want it to happen again. I was worried if I confronted her that we’d loos our friendship completely. I still cry myself to sleep and grit my teeth and feel like I want to jump out a window and cry my eyes out when I see them having so much fun. Please, please help me. I know people move on ans find knew friends but I just can’t get over it. It’s been half a school year I’m still upset. Please help me guys, I can’t keep being sad all the time 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
I'm just going to o be honest and say that most friendships aren't meant to last. People gerow apart as they spend less time together and as they grow older. At your age (I assume 11-12 as you've entered secondary school. I may be wrong sorry) everyone starts to change or grow into their own personalities and own selves and as this happens people naturally drift apart. Please do not worry about it as it happens to EVERYONE at some point or even multiple times. My advice, as someone who's nearly finished sixth form, would be to unfollow her on social media. Be civil and don't get upset if she says something mean about it. Although it's important to think of others you also have to think about yourself and always put your well-being first, it's essential. Having this negativity in your life will only keep you from growing to becoming yourself and becoming a young adult.

I hope this helps a little. If you want some more advice just ask
Heather_is_peng
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks a lot, this really helped, I guess the trouble now is to just get over it. I understand how people move on, but I just miss her and understand how I need to move on aswell. Ur advise rlly helped, thanks 🙂
(Original post by Isa_bel)
I'm just going to o be honest and say that most friendships aren't meant to last. People gerow apart as they spend less time together and as they grow older. At your age (I assume 11-12 as you've entered secondary school. I may be wrong sorry) everyone starts to change or grow into their own personalities and own selves and as this happens people naturally drift apart. Please do not worry about it as it happens to EVERYONE at some point or even multiple times. My advice, as someone who's nearly finished sixth form, would be to unfollow her on social media. Be civil and don't get upset if she says something mean about it. Although it's important to think of others you also have to think about yourself and always put your well-being first, it's essential. Having this negativity in your life will only keep you from growing to becoming yourself and becoming a young adult.

I hope this helps a little. If you want some more advice just ask
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.23%
The paper was reasonable (134)
36.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.67%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.29%

Watched Threads