The Student Room Group

Revising 6 hours daily, 9 on weekends (effective)

If I were to revise this much with good quality e.g. past papers and content continously with regular breaks would I pass my exams. My grades are not the best I got two 8's in english a 4 in maths and the rest are 5's and 6's. I just want straight 7's and 6s or 8/7
Are u sure u are been realistic??
Reply 2
Im probably going to have to do this I have so much anxiety & stress that now I'm going to be overworking myself because i was just messing around in school :frown:
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Are u sure u are been realistic??
Original post by rockyball89
Im probably going to have to do this I have so much anxiety & stress that now I'm going to be overworking myself because i was just messing around in school :frown:

Awww.. u still have time to turn things around...and the fact you got 2 8's in english shows you are more than capable.(Maybe just put a bit more work in maths)....then no reason you cant get 7/8's
It is not the amount of hours you revise which counts but how effective the revision methods which you use are.
Reply 5
Over revising is a problem. I'd say 2-3 hours a day is the best, 1hr minimum. Revising 6 hours with small breaks isn't great as 40 minutes is usually the average limit for how long a person is concentrated on something. I'd add a bit of exercise or go on social media every so often.

Past papers is the best option followed by questions in general. Then I'd say recalling information without any help and see where the gaps in your learning are.

Quick Reply

Latest