The Student Room Group

PC or Laptop for Uni

Heyo everyone!

I'm going to uni in 2020, hopefully to Cambridge to Study Computer Science but who knows ey.

Anyway, I am feeling the need to upgrade my current PC, as it's getting old, and new games are becoming a crawl (even on the lowest settings). But for uni, I will also be getting a laptop. Should I bother upgrading my PC, and get a Laptop, or get both (1 for studying at my room/gaming/other intensive activities) and then the laptop for notes/studying elsewhere?

Thanks!

EDIT: If I do the PC, I'm going to get a basic laptop like a ThinkPad or a Fusion 2in1 for notes, then the PC would be for the "heavy lifting". If I do the laptop though, the PC will be the one I'm currently using. Budget isn't too much of an issue as I've been working for the past year and a half and am not a very big spender.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by LeackyBee
Heyo everyone!

I'm going to uni in 2020, hopefully to Cambridge to Study Computer Science but who knows ey.

Anyway, I am feeling the need to upgrade my current PC, as it's getting old, and new games are becoming a crawl (even on the lowest settings). But for uni, I will also be getting a laptop. Should I bother upgrading my PC, and get a Laptop, or get both (1 for studying at my room/gaming/other intensive activities) and then the laptop for notes/studying elsewhere?

Thanks!

Desk space at accommodation might not be enough for a desktop so get a decent laptop instead.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Desk space at accommodation might not be enough for a desktop so get a decent laptop instead.

I'm staying at the college I'm applying for on the 9th, so I'll find out about that factor then
Probably a lappy

Quick Reply

Latest