The Student Room Group

Lads help needed

I'm 17 and haven't taken much of an interest in girls in secondary school. Yes I spoke to quite a few but never with romantic interests as I was purely focused on my gcses at the time. Come year 12 and there's someone who's really caught me eye. I'm basically a beginner when it comes to giving hints, flirting and basically the overall process of progressing friendship into something more. Could anyone give me some basic pointers? I. e how to flirt, how to show interest without seeming needy etc? No ****boy antics but genuine tips on how to speak to girls with the intention of being more than friends. Thanks in advance
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 17 and haven't taken much of an interest in girls in secondary school. Yes I spoke to quite a few but never with romantic interests as I was purely focused on my gcses at the time. Come year 12 and there's someone who's really caught me eye. I'm basically a beginner when it comes to giving hints, flirting and basically the overall process of progressing friendship into something more. Could anyone give me some basic pointers? I. e how to flirt, how to show interest without seeming needy etc? No ****boy antics but genuine tips on how to speak to girls with the intention of being more than friends. Thanks in advance

Alright, since your a beginner I'll start from the basics, best advice I got with dating and asking girls on dates was from my older cousin who every time saw him he was either dating or had a new girlfriend:u:.So first for all realise that when girls first meet guys they usually place them into one of two categories potential friend or boyfriend(Sometimes there's not much you can do about this just keep your options open in general so that you don't put to much pressure and come across needy in trying to make this one relationship work.) Being in relationship is nice but it's not a essential or important at especially now

Anyway to the general advice- Avoid trying to go down the friendship route then boyfriend route from my experience of seeing friends in school and sixth form this rarely works as normally girls will say something like "I just see you as friend" or "I don't want to ruin our friendship".Either make your intention clear you like her or ambiguous ( keep her guessing if you like her or not).

For flirting I would say banter works best tease her and try to come across a little cocky in a joking way, also when talking with her get her to do most of the talking you just ask her questions and follow up questions (This sounds weird but let me explain) people in general find it much easier and enjoy talking about themselves and their hobbies and life she will find you more interesting to talk to(seriously lol). I always used this tactic when I first met my girlfriend:biggrin:. Try it on a female friend if you don't believe! Also-healthy eye contact is another way to show her your interest and that your confident with out saying it not too much or come across creepy and not to little or you will come across shy.

Final advice- Always realise if she a attractive girl then she likely to have options this shouldn't put you off but realise that your likely to face competition so you have to become her best option.Do this by being confident and dress well and take care of yourself (That will put above a least 60% of guys who don't bother putting minimum effort) Also don't leave it too long with asking her out or you can fall victim of the friendzone!

Hope this advice was helpful, Good luck !!!:smile:
Original post by amanvir
and if that doesn't work then he's not big enough for her

Exactly, either way he will get an instant response instead of having to wait for one
Reply 3
ayy, do u have a big one :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

You learn to be sociable. Well dressed. wrlll mannered. show genuine interest in her as a person. Use skilful eye contact and a sense of humour. Relax and be kind. Avoid the friendship zone by asking her out soon rather than too late. If you leave it too late you will end up being treated like her favourite brother from the same mother! lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending