The Student Room Group

please help .. must the letter or support be stadmped?

I'm thinking of doing an online diploma from MIT in order to enrich my application while I'm applying to a master's program in another school.

my problem is that after completing that diploma I would get only a letter of support form MIT signed and on a letterheaded paper but would NOT be stamped - I don't know why - this letter of support would be instead of the certificate of completion.

I asked the school and unfortunately, the one who's responsible for replying the inquiries is not able to give a decisive answer.

do you think this diploma would be worth-doing without a stamped letter of support? do I exaggerate and the problem is tiny or even there is no problem it's not a must to be stamped?
any thoughts would be appreciated since I'm confused and can't take a decision and I'm running against the clock!
Original post by casena
I'm thinking of doing an online diploma from MIT in order to enrich my application while I'm applying to a master's program in another school.

my problem is that after completing that diploma I would get only a letter of support form MIT signed and on a letterheaded paper but would NOT be stamped - I don't know why - this letter of support would be instead of the certificate of completion.

I asked the school and unfortunately, the one who's responsible for replying the inquiries is not able to give a decisive answer.

do you think this diploma would be worth-doing without a stamped letter of support? do I exaggerate and the problem is tiny or even there is no problem it's not a must to be stamped?
any thoughts would be appreciated since I'm confused and can't take a decision and I'm running against the clock!

Ask the school where you are wanting to do the masters what they need. An official certificate should be enough.
Reply 2
I already messaged them and unfortunately couldn't get a decisive answer, and there is no certificate just a letter of support
Original post by alleycat393
Ask the school where you are wanting to do the masters what they need. An official certificate should be enough.
Sorry I missed that bit. That's a bit odd. Do you actually need this diploma for the masters program?
Original post by casena
I already messaged them and unfortunately couldn't get a decisive answer, and there is no certificate just a letter of support
Reply 4
yeah, it's vital for my application since it's from a reputable institution like MIT but my only fear is after spending a lot of money and effort on it they don't consider it on the other side because it's not stamped!
Original post by alleycat393
Sorry I missed that bit. That's a bit odd. Do you actually need this diploma for the masters program?
I find it difficult to believe that something is vital for an application if the uni doesn't know if they will accept it. I also find it difficult to believe that MIT will not give you a certificate if you have achieved a qualification. It seems like there is some missing info here...
Original post by casena
yeah, it's vital for my application since it's from a reputable institution like MIT but my only fear is after spending a lot of money and effort on it they don't consider it on the other side because it's not stamped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending