please help .. must the letter or support be stadmped?

Watch
casena
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm thinking of doing an online diploma from MIT in order to enrich my application while I'm applying to a master's program in another school.

my problem is that after completing that diploma I would get only a letter of support form MIT signed and on a letterheaded paper but would NOT be stamped - I don't know why - this letter of support would be instead of the certificate of completion.

I asked the school and unfortunately, the one who's responsible for replying the inquiries is not able to give a decisive answer.

do you think this diploma would be worth-doing without a stamped letter of support? do I exaggerate and the problem is tiny or even there is no problem it's not a must to be stamped?
any thoughts would be appreciated since I'm confused and can't take a decision and I'm running against the clock!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by casena)
I'm thinking of doing an online diploma from MIT in order to enrich my application while I'm applying to a master's program in another school.

my problem is that after completing that diploma I would get only a letter of support form MIT signed and on a letterheaded paper but would NOT be stamped - I don't know why - this letter of support would be instead of the certificate of completion.

I asked the school and unfortunately, the one who's responsible for replying the inquiries is not able to give a decisive answer.

do you think this diploma would be worth-doing without a stamped letter of support? do I exaggerate and the problem is tiny or even there is no problem it's not a must to be stamped?
any thoughts would be appreciated since I'm confused and can't take a decision and I'm running against the clock!
Ask the school where you are wanting to do the masters what they need. An official certificate should be enough.
casena
Rep:
?
I already messaged them and unfortunately couldn't get a decisive answer, and there is no certificate just a letter of support
(Original post by alleycat393)
Ask the school where you are wanting to do the masters what they need. An official certificate should be enough.
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry I missed that bit. That's a bit odd. Do you actually need this diploma for the masters program?
I already messaged them and unfortunately couldn't get a decisive answer, and there is no certificate just a letter of support
casena
Rep:
?
yeah, it's vital for my application since it's from a reputable institution like MIT but my only fear is after spending a lot of money and effort on it they don't consider it on the other side because it's not stamped!
(Original post by alleycat393)
Sorry I missed that bit. That's a bit odd. Do you actually need this diploma for the masters program?
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I find it difficult to believe that something is vital for an application if the uni doesn't know if they will accept it. I also find it difficult to believe that MIT will not give you a certificate if you have achieved a qualification. It seems like there is some missing info here...
yeah, it's vital for my application since it's from a reputable institution like MIT but my only fear is after spending a lot of money and effort on it they don't consider it on the other side because it's not stamped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (74)
22.7%
Excited but a bit nervous (148)
45.4%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.66%
I'm really nervous (66)
20.25%

Watched Threads